When NI will supported M2 Pro CPU?

Spinob93
Spinob93 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I have a macbook m2 pro. Unfortunately I read that native access 2 is not compatible with m2 pro cpu. Does anyone know the release date of compatibility with m2 pro?

Best Answer

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    edited April 2023

😂😂😂

Sorry if I laugh…but they just finished now support for older models…and it took them a looooong time.

So…sorry to tell you…but…be patient my friend, be patient (a lot)

• Spinob93

Don't worry mate. That's so nice to hear 🤣🤣🤣. Thanks for the reply anyway.

• Spinob93
    edited April 2023

If i can ask. How does Traktor Pro 3 work with Rosetta?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

Actually the situation should be the same as for Intel, it's the architecture that counts mainly, not the specific model of chip - so if NI products support Apple Silicon, which they do now, they should work on M1 or M2 in all flavours unless Apple have done something to change that architecture (which afaik they have not). I think NI are just being cautious with the new chips which is understandable but it's more likely they will work than not.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited April 2023

A good thread for you to read... or depressing... how ever you look at it.

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/comment/61005#Comment_61005

• Jon Watte
    Jon Watte Member Posts: 77 Advisor

If it works on M1 chips, why wouldn't it work on M2 Pro? Maybe it doesn't have some particular optimization, but that's not a deal killer.

Where did you read that it won't be compatible with the M2 Pro chip, specifically?

I just downloaded and installed it right now, on a M2 Pro MacBook, running macOS 13.3. It seem to be installing plugins just fine.

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 357 Pro

"If it works on M1 chips, why wouldn't it work on M2 Pro?"

Yeah, I think everything which works on M1 also works on M2.

Imagine it wouldn't, and all software developers would have to develop from the ground up again... not even Apple would do that to them. 😉

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@Spinob93 There is no huge difference between M1 and M2, both are supported, as you can see on our compatibility article, there is no version distinction: Apple Silicon Compatibility News