Favourite DAW with NI

Comments

• WernerR
    WernerR Member Posts: 3 Member

Remarkable how different it works for different people. I also have a Push II and a Maschine MK3 controller and almost never use them. I really like using keyboard, mouse and a Arturia mini keyboard.

Only when I just want to fool around a bit with fingerdrumming or something like that I use the controllers. Most of the time the MK3. I kept both since they're really nice and pretty hardware but I don't see them as really usefull (for me), especially the Push 2.

Integrating NI stuff with a DAW should be fine in any DAW I guess. I once spend some time in integrating the Maschine software in Ableton with all midi and audio routing. It's a bit of work initially but not that hard and works great. I suppose the midi / audio routing can be done in any DAW ?

So I guess this is more a 'What is your favorite DAW' question.

• Onespin
    Onespin Member Posts: 1 Member

Yes I use Cubase and Maschine but I embed Maschine in Cubase as a plugin a DAW within a DAW the options working this way are most productive. As starting a beat with a different instrument can help provide inspiration so I find the same thing with using a different DAW they all have different good and bad things so it’s good to try to learn more than one although it does take time and commitment the same as when one learns the first DAW.

Just keep those beats beating..

• Miri Astro
    Miri Astro Member Posts: 11 Member

Logic Pro X has served me well. I love to use it in conjunction with maschine. Great setup!

• JayTee303
    JayTee303 Member Posts: 28 Member

I asked Poe (ai assistant)

Native Instruments offers a wide range of plugins that can be used in various Digital Audio Workstations (DAWs). However, the best DAW to use with Native Instruments plugins depends on your personal preference and workflow.

Native Instruments has its own DAW called Maschine, which is specifically designed to work with their plugins and hardware controllers. Maschine offers a streamlined workflow for beatmaking and sampling, with a focus on creating and arranging loops and patterns.

However, if you prefer to use a more traditional DAW, Native Instruments plugins can also be used in popular DAWs like Ableton Live, Logic Pro, and Pro Tools. These DAWs offer more advanced features for recording, editing, and mixing audio, as well as support for third-party plugins like Native Instruments.

Ultimately, the best DAW to use with Native Instruments plugins depends on your personal preference and workflow. You may want to try out different DAWs and see which one works best for you and your specific needs.

• Frankie DOS
    Frankie DOS Member Posts: 1 Member

Logic Pro X, who is with me?!

• Reaktfan
    Reaktfan Member Posts: 11 Member

I use Logic X and Maschine mainly. Sometimes play around in Live to mangle sounds. Now I am very tempted by Bitwig, been looking into it, seems very interesting.

• 2pods
    2pods Member Posts: 33 Member

I'd love to try Logic.

I had the old E Magic version for PC years ago and loved it at the the time, having progressed from Cubase on the Atari ST1040.

Since the audio began with the PC I stayed with Cubase, flirted with Sonar and Reaper, and eventuallt settled on Studio One (now up to v6). However, I keep seeing screenshots of Logic and it looks really good, but I can't afford a Mac with the same spec as my PC

So, It's Maschine on SONE 6

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

I asked TARS the same question, but I had to turn the 'honesty' and 'humour' settings down to 50%

☺️

• Rouge
    Rouge Member Posts: 1 Member

Utilizzo da molto tempo Ableton Live, è l'unica DAW che conosco e con gli strumenti ed effetti di N.I funziona molto bene, sono un chitarrista ed utilizzo molto Guitar Rig 6 che non lo cambierei assolutamente con altri software equivalenti.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

@Rouge said:

I have been using Ableton Live for a long time, it is the only DAW I know and with the instruments and effects of N.I it works very well, I am a guitarist and I use a lot Guitar Rig 6 that I would not change it absolutely with other equivalent software.

• Royal Tee
    Royal Tee Member Posts: 29 Member

Death, Taxes & Your software killing your creative moments...🔪🎹👻

Got Cubase, a few NI templates and channel presets setup, the only issue is when one of them updates you already know, suttin is gonna break.

idk.. is the grass greenererrerrr ova there? Nah, you know what they say,

better the devil you know then the one....... ooh look an update!!

• Steven L Smith
    Steven L Smith Member Posts: 4 Member

I use Logic Pro and Ableton Live.

There are three main features within Logic Pro that work well for me with most NI products.

1: Smart Controls: I particularly like the 'Modern Black 2 Tab' configurations that has 24 knobs and 24 on/off switches. Each can be assigned multiple parameters (each with their own custom curves) and labels.

2: Articulation Sets: Custom designable KeySwitches with custom articulation names and assignable articulation markings.

3: Track Stacks: Create custom instrument configurations with multi-outputs pre-assigned (labeled and color coded).

All three of these elements are stored/recalled together as a user Preset in Logic Pro's Library.

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

A really old one version of MagixMusicMaker from 2009 to render my audio files recorded with mostly Reaktor and some HG Fortune vst32. That's enough for me and I'm happy to run this oldie on win10pro.

• Orbiuxx
    Orbiuxx Member Posts: 27 Member

Well,

I have a long time affair with NI soft synths, but It explodes in sound when I started to use them on Protools.