Can I Upgrade Komplete Now Plug-ins?

shirleytemple22
shirleytemple22 Member Posts: 11 Newcomer

I get Electric Sunburst through Komplete Now. Can I get the Deluxe upgrade and apply that to the base I get through Komplete Now? Or would I have to buy the full plugin for full price?

Best Answer

• shirleytemple22
    Answer ✓

Based on the pricing available on the website, it's not possible. It probably makes sense, it would be kind of awkward. I presume the spring/summer sale on Komplete will be coming up in May, so when I upgrade to Komplete Standard I'll just get the Deluxe upgrade. Thanks all!

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,196 Expert
    edited April 2023

Go in the NI site, login with your account and once in the Deluxe page they’ll list your available price there.

I don’t know why but I fear the answer will be “no”. What would they do if you unsubscribe from Now? Remove the upgraded version? Ask you for the price difference? Leave you everything and lose money?

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

Maybe it is possible to upgrade, but I strongly doubt it... As LostInFoundation suggests you may try e-shop when logged in.

NI tries to avoid the situation that one has upgrade licence, but not Base Product. In any case, even if you may upgrade, the moment you would stop Komplete Now subscription you would loose Base Product for given Upgrade and the licence would not be usable.... Till the time, you get appropriate Base Product Licence again....

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@shirleytemple22 It's probably best to ask my colleagues to be sure and have the best option: https://bit.ly/NISupport_OP

• shirleytemple22
    Answer ✓

Based on the pricing available on the website, it's not possible. It probably makes sense, it would be kind of awkward. I presume the spring/summer sale on Komplete will be coming up in May, so when I upgrade to Komplete Standard I'll just get the Deluxe upgrade. Thanks all!

• Theziz
    Theziz Member Posts: 7 Member

Being that this is a subscription based model, its not possible (at the moment) They update this on a consistent basis with the new software if you are not interested in getting Komplete. So the plugins themselves "should" be current to my understanding. Maybe its time to consider getting Komplete Standard as mentioned above to have current in Native Access.

• michellelane
    michellelane Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I had the exact same question today because the Deluxe version of Electric Sunburst is much more usable for custom melodies and rhythms. I figured they would not allow an upgrade on the Komplete Now version. That really sucks. They should add it into our available content in the Native Access panel. After all, they give us the Prime Bass version which has that ability. Why not the guitar plugin as well?