Komplete Kontrol 2.9.1 not recognized by Ableton 11.2.11 VST3 on Mac

Eight4aWish
Eight4aWish Member Posts: 53 Helper
edited April 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Latest Mac OS, native Apple Silicon. KK VST3 is not being recognised during Ableton scan for VST3s. Previous KK had gui display issues. Latest version is not picked up at all. KK VST3 native working fine with both Cubase and Bitwig. Anyone else have this issue and/or know how to get hold of older KK releases?

Best Answer

• Eight4aWish
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Delving into the Ableton database it looks as though Ableton was convinced my VST3 was not a universal binary. I did a manual delete of all traces of KK followed by a re-install and KK has now reappeared in Ableton. Very odd.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Do Ableton and Komplete Kontrol have full disk access? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Everything is fine when you open Komplete Kontrol in standalone?

• Eight4aWish

Thanks Jeremy for the response.

Ableton and Komplete Kontrol both have full disk access.

Everything is fine standalone and using the VST3 through Cubase and Bitwig.

Very odd. I tried deleting and rebuilding the Ableton database a couple of times. KK is not recognised. I obviously tried a few reinstalls of KK using Native Access.

• Eight4aWish
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Delving into the Ableton database it looks as though Ableton was convinced my VST3 was not a universal binary. I did a manual delete of all traces of KK followed by a re-install and KK has now reappeared in Ableton. Very odd.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Eight4aWish Thanks for the update.