I have the Maschine MK2, but I don't have the software

izzy avila
izzy avila Member Posts: 8 Member

hello, my name is izzy, I bought the hardware machine, MK2... when I went to register the product, the serial number was under someone else mail... I bought it from offer second hand..

I would love to use it, I'm just wondering what can I do? do I have any options?

I went to the website, but it seem very comfusing..

thank you so much

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    Answer ✓

If you have more problems, let me know. I have some serials around for Maschine 2 and other programs not even registered (being a loyal NI customer is sometimes counterproductive ☺️)

Answers

• LostInFoundation

Are you still in contact with previous owner? He should ask NI for a Serial transfer. They’ll give him a new serial to forward to you

• LostInFoundation

Another thing you could do is asking NI if they give you anyway a new serial to register it

• LostInFoundation
    Answer ✓

If you have more problems, let me know. I have some serials around for Maschine 2 and other programs not even registered (being a loyal NI customer is sometimes counterproductive ☺️)

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod

Ask the seller to transfer the software to you, you both get to keep the software so he does not lose anything.

If he doesn't reply and then contact NI support and send them a ticket and they will tell you your options.

• NativeAmerican
    NativeAmerican Member Posts: 43 Member

Contact Customer Support and show them a reciept and the hardware serial number. They will contact the previous owner and initiate a request for transfer of the rights. I had to do this process a few months ago for a device I got at an auction.

• LostInFoundation

They won’t even ask for any receipt (being it second hand, it’s easy he won’t have any). And they will not even contact previous owner. They just decide if they give him a new serial. At least this has been my experience (they just asked for the old serial printed under the Maschine and a photo to prove it was in my hands). As D-One said, previous owner gets to keep the softwares for himself too (they say they don’t mind).

And I won’t suggest to go for Maschine essentials, but for the complete thing.

But these are all things I already said before…

• izzy avila

oh man thank you so much for your responses , if you ever need help with vocal sound let me know...

I did contacted them, bu the software is only 60$ thats a good deal....

thank you again

• izzy avila

I did contacted them, they said that I would need to buy it , I believe the 60$ version!! but if you have any serial number I would defiantly appreciated..

thank you so much again

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

Just be aware that the 60$ version is the Essential version (the Essentials one has only the factory selection instead of the full factory library). The program itself remains the same in any case, but upgrading to the full factory library will cost you extra 100$. Probably they want to sell you also this a little later when you’ll want more 😏

These are the main differences between the 2 libraries:

And yes…@izzy avila if you are interested I have a never registered serial for the full version…and also for the essentials version. And also some expansions, some programs,… Plus the ones I registered but I can ask a Serial transfer for (as I said, being a loyal NI customer is counterproductive sometimes 😂). PM me in case you are interested

• D-One

Note that the library in question is super duper old... sounds are very outdated. This might not matter to some but might be something important for others depending on what genre / style of music you do.

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

When “old” became “not good”?

I can answer myself: Probably when Led Zeppelin, The Roots, Dennis Brown, Jimi Hendrix and Fabrizio De André music started to be compared to Justin Bieber, 6IX9INE, Sean Kingston, BTS and any LIL Something music

Yes, I admit, now I AM THE ONE sounding old 😂 (I never thought new music is worst than old music…but…you get the point…”old” doesn’t mean “bad”, sometimes it’s even the opposite)

• LostInFoundation

And talking seriously about the libraries in question…snares are snares, hats are hats. The fact they are old doesn’t mean you can’t use them for modern music

• D-One
    edited April 2023

HAha... It happened when "new" became "not good" 😜 ... meaning never.

I didn't say that, i sample breaks form the 70's all day... but some folks want that young chop snare or whatever the trending drumkit currently is.

Some folks also dislike the fact that an older lib has sounds that were already used in millions of songs, really i could go on for days... If no one wanted new sounds then NI and other companies would be dead. Expansion seem to do quite well...