Guitar Rig 6 and Rig Kontrol 2

Jamie 22
Jamie 22 Member Posts: 2 Member

Does anyone know how to make Rig Kontrol 2 work with GR 6 - Had it working fine with GR5? Can't for the life of me figure out how to get it working in GR 6!

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @Jamie 22 Unfortunately, Rig Kontrol 3 is not supported on Guitar Rig 6, neither is Rig Kontrol 2 or previous versions.

• IanL
    IanL Member Posts: 5 Member
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Hi @Jamie 22,

Whilst RK3 isn't officially supported, it is still a MIDI controller and I have been able to assign it to the various components in GR6. I assume it may be similar for RK2 and I suggest the following is worth a try. I have RK3 and to get this to work with GR6 I had to uninstall the latest version of Controller Editor and then reinstall an earlier version (1.7.4). I can then find the RK3 product listed in the Komplete devices section of the Controller Editor and connect to the RK3 (the display shows 'con' - I think that means connected!)

When I want to change a particular setting in GR6 whilst playing, I can right-click on the setting (such as a volume knob or on/off switch of one of the components in the rack) and select the MIDI Learn option before depressing a switch or using the pedal in RK3. I've even been able to reinstate the standard 'Tuner', 'Tap', 'Prev' and 'Next' functionality printed on the RK3.

I hope this helps - it is a real shame that NI has decided to drop support for this hardware.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @Jamie 22 Unfortunately, Rig Kontrol 3 is not supported on Guitar Rig 6, neither is Rig Kontrol 2 or previous versions.

• IanL
    IanL Member Posts: 5 Member
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Hi @Jamie 22,

Whilst RK3 isn't officially supported, it is still a MIDI controller and I have been able to assign it to the various components in GR6. I assume it may be similar for RK2 and I suggest the following is worth a try. I have RK3 and to get this to work with GR6 I had to uninstall the latest version of Controller Editor and then reinstall an earlier version (1.7.4). I can then find the RK3 product listed in the Komplete devices section of the Controller Editor and connect to the RK3 (the display shows 'con' - I think that means connected!)

When I want to change a particular setting in GR6 whilst playing, I can right-click on the setting (such as a volume knob or on/off switch of one of the components in the rack) and select the MIDI Learn option before depressing a switch or using the pedal in RK3. I've even been able to reinstate the standard 'Tuner', 'Tap', 'Prev' and 'Next' functionality printed on the RK3.

I hope this helps - it is a real shame that NI has decided to drop support for this hardware.

• Jamie 22
    Jamie 22 Member Posts: 2 Member

Thanks for your answer - Unbelievable it doesn't support it any more!