Traktor in DVS mode but using line instead of phono

malina
malina Member Posts: 2 Member

Hi Guys!

I would like to use an external sound card like Motu M4 https://motu.com/en-us/products/m-series/m4 or Scarlett Focusrite with my two Reloop RP7000 turntables in DVS mode. Is it possible? The sound card does not have phono inputs - only line inputs, but turntables can be switched to line signal output (they have built in preamps). Can I than use Traktor to control the Traktor control vinyls on my turntables in such a setup?

Thank You!

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Owner
    Owner Member Posts: 296 Pro
    Answer ✓

Yes, that should work with your Reloop turntable (line mode) and control vinyl when your soundcard have enough in- and outputs.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,218 Expert
    Answer ✓

Should work.

Traktor does not care how it gets the signal. Can be from a CD or whatever. Line in with pre-amp from record player should work.

Answers

• Owner
    Answer ✓

Yes, that should work with your Reloop turntable (line mode) and control vinyl when your soundcard have enough in- and outputs.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,218 Expert
    Answer ✓

Should work.

Traktor does not care how it gets the signal. Can be from a CD or whatever. Line in with pre-amp from record player should work.

• malina
    malina Member Posts: 2 Member

Thanks Guys! Already ordered the soundcard. I am going to be routing the signal to the mixer so it would be my master out. Curious what it takes to make it work.

• Owner

wich one have you ordered? in general: go with the line signal from the turntable to your interface line-in and then from your line out to the dj-mixer line in. choose in traktor your interface and route all in and outputs correctly. then it should work.