Can Battery 4 be bug fixed for kit and sample browser list

RobertDorn
RobertDorn Member Posts: 40 Member
edited October 2023 in Battery 4

Hi! It's quite annoying that Battery4 at some point lost the ability to 'remember' search results, just like KK does, upon closing the plugin window and reopening it. Every time you close the Battery4 plugin window and reopen it, the kit / sample browser list opens as default on top of the search list, in the Kit tab. Quite annoying, since this was just working properly before, until it got broken at some point.

With the silicon native release, now the kit and sample browser list don't follow along when browsing samples / kits with the keyboard up and down arrows. That's really annoying too because you have to find your selected sample / kit by scrolling through the list with the mouse afterwards ...

Would be awesome if someone at NI could look into this.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• just_jump
    just_jump Member Posts: 72 Helper

I didn’t notice just yesterday that using arrows to scroll through previews no longer actually scrolls the list. It moves the selection and plays the next preview, but you can no long see what is being selected without mouse scrolling to catch up.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert

Since it’s 10 days I see your question and nobody answered you, I write something just to not make you feel ignored ☺️

Your post is a direct question to NI, hence no user is answering you. But I fear that if you wait an answer here by NI itself, you’ll be waiting forever. Be patient my friend, be patient 👍🏼

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

Robert, you can open a ticket at Support on top of this page.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Hey @RobertDorn Sorry for not catching up your thread before. First I'd like to mention that even though some of us here to help out in the forum, it's not a substitute for support, there is a dedicated support section on our website where you can submit requests and bugs.

That said, I can check if such bug is already filed and ask about it. I would also need more info, like operating system, in which DAW it's happening, if it happens in standalone too (for the 2nd part of the initial post), as well as anything that can help us to reproduce the bug, file it and forward it to the devs.

• RobertDorn
    RobertDorn Member Posts: 40 Member

Hi Jeremy, I’m on a MacBook Pro m2 max under Os Ventura 13.2.1. Scrolling behavior (sample/kit list not following arrow up and down keys) in battery also happens in stand alone mode, same for use in Pro Tools and also in LUNA. When using battery in a DAW, both in Pro Tools and in LUNA the plugin forgets the search history (whereas KK remembers this) upon closing the plugin window and reopening it. While I’m replying, I’d like to add that in LUNA , only native instrument plugins (all) stop respond to keyboard arrows for scrolling through patches/samples, have to close and reopen LUNA to resolve this. This doesn’t happen with any other vendor virtual instruments who remain responsive to keyboard arrows for preset browsing in LUNA. Though, not sure if this is an issue on the side of NI or on the end of universal audio. Kind regards! Robert

• Jeremy_NI

Thanks for the additional info. What version of ProTools are you using? Is there a different behaviour between ARM and Rosetta mode?

• DannyDan
    DannyDan Member Posts: 12 Member

I have the same problem in luna and fl studio M1 Mac Ventura 13.2.1. both rosetta and arm

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

No news from you for a while. We’re closing this thread now. If you still need assistance on that topic, please get in touch here: https://bit.ly/NISupport_Battery

This discussion has been closed.