S2 MK3 - Pressing both shifts at the same time

Gol
Gol Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hello,

I was wondering if its possible to map pads using both shift buttons (in a similar way we use cmd+shift+key on our computers). So it means, that both shifts are pressed and another pad to create a function.

I noticed that once you press the 2 shifts together the modifier that was pressed first - toggles to 1 (and stays as 1) instead of going back to 0. Its only "released" once you again simutenouosly press both shifts.

Any explaintion for this behavior? What is it for? and is it possible to use both shifts somehow to map a pad ?

Best Answer

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Do it like this:

• No Shift : M1 = 0
    • Left Shift : M1 = 1
    • Right Shift : M1 = 2
    • Left + Right Shift : M1 = 3

Half the commands adjust the modifier when releasing the button (inverted is checked). None of the commands have override checked.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod
    edited April 2023

Hello,

you can do that with 2 modifiers each pressed sets it to 1 and for a function you want only to work if both are pressed you can set it as condition. You have 2 condition entries so set both and to be set to 1 as condition. And other functions them of course both to 0 to avoid double trigger. And for functions to happen if one shift is pressed set one to 0 the other to 1. Hope you understand what I mean. So with 2 shifts you can have up to 4 functions on one button or pad, one if no shift is pressed, two if one shift is pressed, and a fourth function if both are pressed.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod
    edited April 2023

This will work too but then I can't set some functions to one shift - others to the other shift and some different functions if i press both. But if you set the first shift to 0 to 1 and the second from 1 to 3 or 0 to 2, you could devide that functions with just one modifier.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

You can, there are 4 more states. Let your left side Shift states be 0-1-2 and your right side Shift could use 0-4-5.

• Gol

Guys,

Thanks a lot for the detailed answers, I am not sure why my setting of Traktor seems to be different.

It looks as if pressing the 2 shifts (at least on my S2) already has some different built in hold function: It changes (not suspending) the value of of Modifier1 (or M2, depends on which shift you press first) from 0 to 1. Once I release those 2 shift pads, the M1 (or M2 - again depends which one was pressed first) is staying on value 1 (as if the shift is constantly pressed).

I am not sure how to override this functionality in order to have freedom to map the shifts according to your suggestions.

Do you guys know what I am reffering to? Or is it just on my machine works like this? (btw I am using a windows based PC with S2 controller)

Thanks!

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Do it like this:

• No Shift : M1 = 0
    • Left Shift : M1 = 1
    • Right Shift : M1 = 2
    • Left + Right Shift : M1 = 3

Half the commands adjust the modifier when releasing the button (inverted is checked). None of the commands have override checked.

• Gol

I will definitely try this and get back to you on this one, thanks a bunch for taking the effort to help!! 🙏