battery4 preview

Flow77
Flow77 Member Posts: 35 Member
edited April 2023 in Battery 4

hello I prefer to be sure rather than searching for hours.... there is no preview of the battery4 browser kits

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,194 Expert

No, no preview of kits in Battery. But if I recall correctly, they preview if loaded in Komplete Kontrol.

Give me some minutes and I check

• LostInFoundation
    Answer ✓

Confirmed: Battery loaded inside KK gets previews

• Flow77

thank you !

• RobertDorn
    RobertDorn Member Posts: 40 Member

Battery used inside Komplete Kontrol seems worth nothing because you don't have any of the control options there like when used as stand-alone. At least, that's what I experienced.

• LostInFoundation

Inside KK you have the same control options.

You have to go under View-Edit View and you’ll have exactly the same interface

• RobertDorn

thanks, indeed this works! It's cool that kit sounds have previews when using battery4 inside KK. However, the same annoying 2 bugs that slipped in version updates of battery4 also exists when using Battery4 within KK as well as using it stand alone. Namely, searches are reset when closing the plugin window (KK itself remembers where you were in the search list but the battery kit and sample search defaults upon closing and reopening plugin window) and when scrolling in the Battery4 kits and sample list with keyboard up and down arrows, the list just doesn't follow the scrolling. KK's search lists does this perfectly fine. Hope NI can solve both.

• LostInFoundation

But now you can use these functions in KK browser 😉

• RobertDorn

for kits yes, for samples no, because that's tied to the search interface within the Battery4 plugin itself, which isn't working too well. And I use battery4 99,99% of the time for compiling my own kits with separate samples.

• KennyV9
    KennyV9 Member Posts: 16 Member

I am having the same issue. Battery 4 online help shows a preview button and says you will hear a preview, but I don't hear any previews. I can if Battery 4 is loaded in KK, but then I can't do any routing. I have tried, and it crashes when I try to route pads to separate channels. I even just re-installed all the previews, over 8gig, no previews in Battery.

• Flow77

the only solution is preview on kk and load in battery to have separate routing...