Problem with filter reset on Traktor S2 MK2 with Traktor Pro 3 software

CP2023
CP2023 Member Posts: 15 Member
edited March 13 in Mapping Traktor

I have paid to upgrade to Traktor Pro 3. 

I have scanned the forums and found these articles which describe my issue. 

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/10404/pressing-filter-knob-doesnt-jump-back-to-the-middle-default

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/8635/problem-with-filter-reset-traktor-kontrol-s2-mk2

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/8406/gain-knob-doesnt-reset-filter

They all describe the issue, I have always used the gain encoders on the S2 as a filter. Usually when I press the filter it resets the filter value (essential for DJing as any DJ knows). Now with this upgrade, stupidly, this doesn’t work and nothing I do will fix it. I see that Traktor recognises the MIDI when I press the encoder down - but it doesn’t perform the function!

On Settings > Traktor S2 MK1/MK2 > Gain Knobs - I have Filter (Shift:Gain) set. 

If I hold down Shift and press the encoder down, the gain knob will reset. If I choose in On Settings > Traktor S2 MK1/MK2 > Gain Knobs - Gain (Shift:Fader) then the gain now acts as the primary encoder function, and once pressed down it will reset. 

It is ONLY the filter that doesn’t do this!? 

None of the work arounds people have described have worked for mapping the encoders. I need this to be fixed as I have gigs coming up and I’ve paid for Pro 3 and I’m having to still use Pro 2.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Best Answer

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod
    Answer ✓

Traktor.Kontrol S2Mk2.Default must be deleted, as it is the same as the one with the Filter commands, just without the filter commands. If you have both connected, all on/off toggles of your controller (like PLAY) don't work.

Also, since the In-Port only shows NONE, Traktor apparently doesn't recognize your controller. If it did, your S2Mk2 would also be in the dropdown list. Is your controller connected correctly and switched on? Do you have the most recent version of NI Controller Editor installed?

Looks like we are homing in on the bottleneck... 😎

Answers

• Sûlherokhh

You can find the help to solve your problem in the threads you linked to.

• CP2023

Hi,

I created the mapping for Mixer FX Adjust and finally it seems to work, the only problem now is when I press shift to reset gain - this wont recognise the push of the encoder to reset it?

Is there a way to map this so both filter and gain can be reset with a push of the gain encoder?

• Sûlherokhh

Assign SHIFT to modifier#1, mode: HOLD, Value: 1, override: No. Do this for both SHIFT buttons.

Add a modifier condition to all encoder push assignments; Modifer#1 = 0 for when not using SHIFT, Modifer#1 = 1 for when using SHIFT.

• Sûlherokhh

Cristian Perugino 6:27PM

Hey,

Thanks anyway.

Regarding the post you replied to,

Assign SHIFT to modifier#1, mode: HOLD, Value: 1, override: No. Do this for both SHIFT buttons.

Add a modifier condition to all encoder push assignments; Modifer#1 = 0 for when not using SHIFT, Modifer#1 = 1 for when using SHIFT.

Where do I do this within Controller Management?

Screenshot 2023-04-16 at 17.27.39.png

Uploaded 6:27 pm229.42 KB

Thanks so much again for your help.

To add the additional assignments you Add In... -- Modifier -- Modifier #1

In the Mixer FX Adjust assignment you choose the corresponding Modifier (M1) in the section Mapping Details -- Modifier Conditions -- (Modifier Dropdown Menu) -- Value: 1 (if Mixer FX is accesible via SHIFT) or Value: 0 (if not).

• CP2023
    edited April 2023

HI

I've done what you've said but it doesn't work - the gain reset doesn't work when clicking the encoder and holding shift?

Also as I have two Mixer FX Adjust set for Deck A and B (A.Gain Push & B. Gain Push).. do I select the same 'modifier 1' for each 'Mixer FX Adjust' with the mapping details on the both modifiers set to 'Button, Hold and Set to Value: 1'?

Almost there now,

Thanks!

• Sûlherokhh

There is a check on each of your Shift-Buttons assignments in the box 'Override factory map'. You must uncheck those boxes.

• CP2023

Hi, I have unchecked this but it still doesn't work? Any idea why?

Thanks!

• Sûlherokhh
    edited April 2023

The Modifier#1 assignments on the Shift buttons need to have the box unchecked, the MixerFX assignments on Gain-Push buttons can have them checked.

If it still doesn't work, please upload your mapping. Then i will have a look.

• CP2023

Thanks a lot!

• Sûlherokhh
    edited April 2023

At the top right of the mapping is a dropdown menu for 'In-Port'. You need to select your connected controller.

If you have another mapping in the controller manager for the same controller, you have to delete it.

• CP2023

Hi, I don't have an option to select an in port as you can see it just says 'none'.

I'm using Device 'FilterReset - Traktor..'

Are you saying I need to delete 'Traktor.Generic Control' and 'Generic Keyboard'?

Thanks!

• Sûlherokhh
    Answer ✓

Traktor.Kontrol S2Mk2.Default must be deleted, as it is the same as the one with the Filter commands, just without the filter commands. If you have both connected, all on/off toggles of your controller (like PLAY) don't work.

Also, since the In-Port only shows NONE, Traktor apparently doesn't recognize your controller. If it did, your S2Mk2 would also be in the dropdown list. Is your controller connected correctly and switched on? Do you have the most recent version of NI Controller Editor installed?

Looks like we are homing in on the bottleneck... 😎

• CP2023

Yes that did it, thanks very much for your help on this. Much appreciated.

• Sûlherokhh

You wrote:

It seems now holding down shift will reset the gain and the filter and is the only way to reset either

That's because you have the Gain Knobs set to 'Filter (Shift:Gain)'.

Solution: Either select Gain (Shift:Filter), OR change the 'MixerFX Adjust' assignments' 'Modifier Conditions' from 'Modifier = M1, Value = 1' to 'Modifier = M1, Value = 0'.

P.S. Please don't send me personal messages for topics of public interest, giving everyone a chance to contribute and profit. 😉

• CP2023

It was the modifier condition needs to be set to 0 in my workflow, and I thought once I clicked the solution button on this thread it would close it to new comments - but good to know it doens't!

Cheers