Anyone else having problems upgrading to 6.5? (solved, thanks all)

colB
colB Member Posts: 762 Guru
edited April 2023 in Reaktor

Edit: solved - thanks to everyone who helped - I was on old Native Access, but it didn't tell me there was a newer version!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I got around to trying to upgrade to 6.5.

Opened Native Access, and it said 6.5 was already installed. So I started Reaktor. Still the time limited beta version.

So I uninstalled. Then refreshed.

Native access then gave the option to install 6.4.3, but no option for 6.5. So I installed that, and refreshed, and rebooted etc.

Native Access now things I am fully up to date with 6.4.3 installed, no option to upgrade to 6.5 !

Any thoughts or solutions?

Best Answer

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    edited April 2023

Not all get it in NA at the same time. I guess to avoid overloading download servers. So, one of possibilities is that you are still in the queue for updating....

But there might be another problem. I would wait for a day or so. It is weekend....

• just_jump
    just_jump Member Posts: 72 Helper

I was on the beta and simply did a reinstall in NA and seemed to be ok. I think the beta was probably the RC anyway, but wanted to be sure. As mentioned give a a day and refresh NA maybe try a reinstall. I wouldn't bother going the the hoops of uninstalling.

• errorsmith
    errorsmith Member Posts: 25 Helper

same, i just did a re-install and it worked.

• Ed M
    Ed M Member Posts: 144 Advisor
    Answer ✓

This is possible.

Anyways, I opened NA2 yesterday and it got updated to a newer version, after which the Reaktor 6.5 update showed up.

• Rob Gee
    Rob Gee Member Posts: 18 Member

I was having the same problem with the latest Maschine update a few weeks back. I updated to Native Access 2 and the update showed up.

• ehdyn
    ehdyn Member Posts: 26 Helper

Might have to uninstall, do the reg edit and then refresh Native Access and reinstall Reaktor.

I have to do this with basically every plugin on a brand new system.. every update.

Also, make sure you are running Native Access 3.3.0

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003509269

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

I've dl with NA 3.2.2 and all where fine. After that I've upgrade NA to 3.3.0.

But I wasn't a beta tester. win10pro 22H2

• colB

Thanks everyone.

Turns out I was on an old version of Native Access. Unfortunately that old version didn't tell me anywhere that there was a newer version, so I didn't know!

Updated to the latest Native Access and the 6.5 update appeared.

So now the question is, how do I get the new Native Access with dark text on a light background. I really can't stand bright text on super dark background. Just nasty, gives me a headache!

• ehdyn

There's a thread where they're taking feedback until the 20th pertaining to Native Access

• colB

I had a look, but I can't find an active thread. There is one that ended in December or January...

There is another 'dev' thread, but no request for feedback or closing date specified on that one... at least not that I can find.

Seems odd, this forum, google, amazon, basically every large corporation with budget for analytics knows that black text on light background is best by far. There is no reason to have only a dark theme. Have it as an option for sure, but not the only choice :(

Reaktor itself is not ideal, but at least its a grey background, not very dark. I don't have a problem with that. The extreme contrast in Native Access 2 is truly annoying though. I suppose it must be 'cool' or something?

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 356 Pro
    edited April 2023

Edit: Nevermind, didn't read properly.

• ehdyn

This is the one I'm referring to

"Hayo will be happy to answer any questions you have. Be sure to drop your questions here before this thread is closed on Thursday, April 20!"