Problem with Guitar Rig 5.2.2 and Native Access 3.3.0 (Guitar Rig 5 in demo mode)

Kimmo Peltola
Kimmo Peltola Member Posts: 11 Member
edited April 2023 in Guitar Rig & FX

Hello

Anyone having the same problem? After updating both Cubase and Native Access 3.3.0 to both latest versions, I can't get Guitar Rig to work in Cubase and I won't register my serial number either when I open it as stand alone. I use Mac Monterey 12.6.3, Cubase 12.0.60 (Rosetta 2) and Guitar Rig 5.2.2.

Best Answers

• Hayo_NI
    Hayo_NI Product Team Posts: 271 mod
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Hey all, sorry for the delay. Hopefully this solves the problem: GUITAR RIG 5, KONTAKT 5 and SUPER 8 R2 Open as Demo Versions on Apple Silicon / M-Systems

If it doesn't, reach out to support so we can continue to update this article with fresh information moving forward. Apologies for the inconvenience and again sorry for the delay here.

• Rich_NI
    Rich_NI Customer Care Posts: 173 mod
    Answer ✓

To anyone that is still experiencing this issue, and it is not resolved by following the steps in the article - please submit a ticket via the following form: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install

Be sure to state that you already carried out the steps in the Knowledge Base article.

An agent will come back to you as soon as possible.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,196 Expert

Where are you trying to register your serial? If GR is already installed, it means the serial is already registered in NA. Never heard of a NI program asking to register the serial inside of it

• Kimmo Peltola

Well, according to NA, it is registeret correctly but when I open it in stand alone mode it says that "Your serial number is incorrect. Please run the Service Center to enter the correct serial number." Quite funny since Service Center doesn't exist anymore. In Cubase the plugin doesn't work anymore at all.

• Kimmo Peltola

The culprit has been found. The problem is Native Access 3.3.0. I installed Native Access from their website (3.2.2) which is not the latest version by the way and then it works again. However, there is one problem. If you want to quit NA, It forces you to install the latest version which is 3.3.0. You can't say no to this update. It updates automatically when exiting NA. Therefore, I need to keep it open.

• just_jump
    just_jump Member Posts: 72 Helper

Oh that’s interesting. Super8 was doing something similar with early NA2 and required fixing with NA1. That’s since been resolved, so I’m surprised to see similar now with Guitar Rig.

Did you file a bug report with them? I’ll try to remember to look at mine later to see if I have same experience though on Ventura 13.3.1

• Kimmo Peltola

Yes, I have contacted them. I will update this thread when I have heard from them.

• just_jump
    just_jump Member Posts: 72 Helper

Well I thought I was on Guitar Rig 6.X. So probably doesn’t tell you much, but it did load in standalone without issue.

• mezzurias
    mezzurias Member Posts: 27 Helper
    edited April 2023

@ Kimmo Peltola You are a life saver I was going to a session today and have a few GR5 instances. It was working fine this afternoon, I had updated NA to the latest version when I opened GR5 10 minutes ago it refused to activate. Using timemachine to go back to NA 3.2.2 did the trick. THANKS!🙏

Edit: FYI I found that you can close NA. Just don't open it again or it will update.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert

FYI:

I'd assume it could have something to do with this, but that's just a guess.

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

I would stop suggesting users to update to the latest version of NA. People having troubles is constantly increasing and 3/4 of the times we discover the culprits are the new shiny version of NI softwares.

If something is working good, don’t change it.

It seems nowadays software houses don’t do a proper testing of all the aspects in all the possible cases (like they did back in the days) before releasing what they think is a new and shiny version (which half of the time doesn’t even add anything really new to the table).

This is particularly true if the philosophy of the team is “we will release next update in 6 months so we are sure we don’t have to make double work to assure the fix we did before will be compatible with all the other aspects”. What do we do as users in the next 6 months??? Keep not working programs so they can spare work? Life is short…6 months is long time. We can waste money, waste opportunities…but wasting time? Time is a resource nobody can give us back

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

Happy user of old Native Access here. And till I can, I will not update.

I have a program which only functionality should be allowing me to install my instruments. And it does.

Why should I update it? Just to have a slightly different graphic on the UI? Or to enter in 10 sec instead of 15? (And entering in 10 sec in a world of problems…)

No thanks. I’ll keep my WORKING program instead 👍🏼

• Kimmo Peltola

@mezzurias I am glad your session was saved and thank you for the post on buggy NA 3.3.0 software. Waiting for them to fix it this coming week. :)

• mezzurias
    mezzurias Member Posts: 27 Helper

Yeah. I agree. I wouldn't have even opened Native Access if it weren't for this issue I've been having with Battery 4 not finding any of my expansions. Apparently this a know bug that's been around for years. I tried opening NA to see if the locations were correct (they are).

• JMOJ
    JMOJ Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Having same problem with Guitar Rig 5. Though we are on a deadline today. May need to install Guitar Rig 6 upgrade - or are people having the same issue with that as well?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited April 2023

@Kimmo Peltola Thanks for the report, trying to get more info on the topic.

In the meantime, I will put the installers for Native Access 3.2.2:

Native Access 3.2.2 for Intel Mac

Native Access 3.2.2 for M1 Mac

Native Access 3.2.2 for Windows

• LostInFoundation

Is also the problem with NA 3.2.2 forcing to install newer version (as per OP) solved?