Scan on start up Mikro mk2

WelcomeP
WelcomeP Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hello

How do i stop the Maschine 2.17 software from scanning my vst folders every time i turn it on. Its a very slow process..

Im using the old MK2 Mikro.

Cheers

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,197 Expert
    Answer ✓

In any case, you should be able to push Esc (in Windows) while it is scanning to stop the procedure. But I must admit this usually gives me more problems than before.

Another solution is to remove ScanPluginsApp_x64.exe from inside the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Maschine 2 folder (by moving it somewhere else, not deleting it, otherwise you won’t have it next time you need to scan cause you added some new plugins or something isn’t working as expected)

These are 2 possible solutions, but I don’t suggest you to do it. Scanning plugins and be sure they work correctly is vital for a good experience while making music. A little wait (even if sometimes is not so little) in my opinion is worth

Up to you to decide 😉

Answers

• LostInFoundation

The scan has nothing to do with the hardware version. It is made by the software

• LostInFoundation
    Answer ✓

In any case, you should be able to push Esc (in Windows) while it is scanning to stop the procedure. But I must admit this usually gives me more problems than before.

Another solution is to remove ScanPluginsApp_x64.exe from inside the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Maschine 2 folder (by moving it somewhere else, not deleting it, otherwise you won’t have it next time you need to scan cause you added some new plugins or something isn’t working as expected)

These are 2 possible solutions, but I don’t suggest you to do it. Scanning plugins and be sure they work correctly is vital for a good experience while making music. A little wait (even if sometimes is not so little) in my opinion is worth

Up to you to decide 😉

• WelcomeP

Thanks for your answer its solved that loading problem. 😀

• LostInFoundation

You’re welcome.

What did you do? Just pushed Esc (in this case: is it working good for you?) or removed Scanpluginsapp from the folder?

• WelcomeP

Actually both were successful. I was waiting 5-15 mins for the scan before and now its almost instant.

Cheers