HELP - I'm waiting for my download serial for over a week now and NI support is not responding

Jo Caudron
Jo Caudron Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

I'm relatively new to the NI universe. After buying the Session Guitarist instrument I decided to buy a Komplete Kontrol S88 and last week (April 7) I ordered the Kontakt Factory Library 2.

And this is were things went wrong. We are now 7 days after my order (and payment via Mastercard). I contacted customer care 4 days later to see when I could finally receive my product. They responded in less than 2 hours and said "the order was released now" - I should receive my download link and serial within 2 hours. I did receive an order confirmation by mail shortly thereafter. But no download link nor serial. Nor the next day. Nor the day after. Nor today.

I've contacted support every day to see if something went wrong. No more answers. I've created a new ticket for this issue: no answer. Complete radio silence.

So dear Native Instruments: please let me download and use what I have paid for.

Anyone else any idea on how to solve this?

Thank you,

Jo

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,250 Expert

Have you already installed Native Access? Usually with digital purchases the product is immediately disponible there after your purchase

• Jo Caudron

Thanks for the tip. Yes, I checked: it's not available in Native Access either.

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

Did you also check in the NI site under your account- My products and serials?

• just_jump
    just_jump Member Posts: 76 Helper

If it’s in your account looking on website as suggested by Lost you could try restarting in case it’s something to do with the NTK daemon being bugged / stuck. Kinda of a shot in the dark but only suggestion at the moment.

• Jo Caudron

Hi @LostInFoundation and @just_jump, tnx for the tips.

Problem is that I never received the serials from NI. They took my payment, sent me an order confirmation, but I never got the follow-up mail with download instructions and serials.

In my account, the order is still "in progress", so it is clearly something that is stuck on their side.

Really hope that they will wake up after Easter holidays to unblock my order or at least pay me back.

Tnx for the assistance BTW :-)

Jo

• LostInFoundation

No problem. You are right that also an email should be sent, but maybe something went wrong and the serial was under your account even without the email.

But since you checked and under your account it says “in progress”, something must have gone TERRIBLY wrong… Hope they fix this for you asap.

Good luck

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,595 mod

Hey @Jo Caudron It seems that my colleagues finally got back to you and you were able to cancel one of the products and get a refund. Sorry that I didn't see that post earlier and that our support was not that fast.

• Jo Caudron

Hi Jeremy,

I understand that NI had some "challenging customer support moments", so no worries, it's all been taken care off. Not sure if the refund has been actually performed yet, for that I'll need to check my credit card statement.

Tnx for following up!

Jo

• dj MA
    dj MA Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I am having the same problem. I bought Komplete 14 and Maschine bundle a week ago I got the email with the order confirmation and nothing else. I try contacting NI but there is not a customer service number. I try opening a ticket and nothing.  

Does that mean I have to cancel my purchase? Please Help!

I am new to NI I have no idea it was like this. 

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,595 mod

Hey @dj MA It seems my colleagues got back to you and the issue is resolved.

• Jo Caudron

Hi @dj MA, I still don't know what happened in my specific case (apparently it had something to do with VAT and taxes), but they put my order under review. And that did indeed take way to long to get processed. Eventually I was contacted by NI and all was fixed, but I think they have a huge backlog if they have to process things manually.

Meanwhile I have ordered several other NI products and everything worked perfectly.

Hope they fix your problem soon.

Best,

Jo