Can't find the folder for my 3rd party library

harpermichaels324
harpermichaels324 Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited April 2023 in Native Access

Native Access is asking me to LOCATE the folder where my installed instrument is, but no folder exists yet because Native Access will not download the instrument!! What am I missing?

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,284 mod
    Answer ✓

@harpermichaels324 If it's a third party library that is not handled by NI, which seems to be the case here, and as @Monochrome suggested, you need to download the library from the third party, place it on your NI libraries folder and locate it with Native Access.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,194 Expert

Is it maybe asking you to specify a folder in the settings where to install the instrument?

Are you sure you don’t have any NI product already installed?

• just_jump
    just_jump Member Posts: 72 Helper

If you clicked Install and it failed it shouldn't ask you to then locate it, but I'd just click the 3 dots under then instrument and reinstall. Sometimes downloads fail but I've never had it incorrectly mark something installed afterward I don't think. You probably restarted Native Access, but if not do that while you're at it.

• harpermichaels324

Thank you for responding. Unfortunately, the only option I have in Native Access for these instruments is LOCATE. But there is no folder to locate, because it will not let me download. A weird Catch-22!

• LostInFoundation

Are you really sure they are not already installed? Make a search in your hard drives to check if you find them somewhere

• harpermichaels324

These are Chris Hein horns from several years ago. But they show up in my library, I have the serial number, but no way to download them. The ONLY option in Native Access is LOCATE, which is useless, because I cannot download yet!!!

• just_jump
    just_jump Member Posts: 72 Helper

Looks like it’s a 3rd party library so you probably need to go back to the source to download / install them.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert
    edited April 2023

Are we talking about Native Access 2? Have you enabled the option "Show discontinued products" in the Preferences, right under "Legacy Products"?

If both answers are "Yes", then you might be interested in the text that's written under that very option:

• harpermichaels324

Thank you! Still no luck. These instruments were loaded on an old laptop that I’m not sure I still have. If I can find it—would pulling the files off of it onto the new laptop work? Would it at least be able to FIND something now?

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

Only if in the old laptop you have the installation file. In this case you could install it in the new computer manually. And then maybe, once installed, in NA you can use the locate to point it into the chosen directory. But…as I said…maybe. But at least you’ll have your instrument, NA recognizing it or not.

Or…if it is only a library and no .exe file or anything like this is involved, maybe only copying the content folder will be enough. But we already have too many maybes ☺️

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert

If all fails, you could also try contacting Chris Hein.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,284 mod
    Answer ✓

@harpermichaels324 If it's a third party library that is not handled by NI, which seems to be the case here, and as @Monochrome suggested, you need to download the library from the third party, place it on your NI libraries folder and locate it with Native Access.