Have you ever seen that? komplete kontrol mk2 s: Strange LCD issue after firmware update...

latoxine
latoxine Member Posts: 10 Member

Hello,

after updating recently my s61 mk2, I sudently had my 2 screens washed out. The dark part are now light grey, like a serious lack of contrast, it's very unconfortable, what ever the settings of the light from the setup I try. 🤨

I try to find a way to re install the firmware, but with no success.

For infos :

- It's plug only with USB, but I never had any trouble before.

-I didn't play it for lonf time, and I used to utilise the standalone KKS firmware updater to check the last FW. This is what I did 2 days ago, and it didn't show any new firmware. (?)

But, after a Komplete kontrol center update from Native access program, it did the keyboard update, and it's there that I seen the strange contrast happening, I think something bad happened during the process, but I can't find any way to re install or initialise the Keyboard.

Please help !

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@latoxine IT is not possible to reinstall the firmware, if the Displays brightness setting when pressing SETUP does not work, I would recommend to try a different USB cable, different USB slot in the computer, if that doesn't help, it's most probably a hardware failure and you should get in touch with our hardware department: https://bit.ly/NISupport_Hardware

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert

I don’t know of any “factory reset” on KK keyboards.

What I would try (hoping your problem is not hardware related and your screens are gone) is to uninstall and reinstall the drivers of the keyboard, to see if something changes.

Good luck

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@latoxine IT is not possible to reinstall the firmware, if the Displays brightness setting when pressing SETUP does not work, I would recommend to try a different USB cable, different USB slot in the computer, if that doesn't help, it's most probably a hardware failure and you should get in touch with our hardware department: https://bit.ly/NISupport_Hardware

• latoxine
    latoxine Member Posts: 10 Member

Thank you all, problem still present, one test or two before to think about send it back.

Not having possibility to reset/ re install the firmware is a bad thing.