License transfer system down???

Addyjay
Addyjay Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

Is the transfer system down. I’ve requested a transfer for three products three days ago and yet to have a response. is the automated system not working?

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,304 mod
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Little update on the topic, as I got more info.

Most of the time, automatic transfers work. For some of the transfers, it is not possible to do it automatically (wrong kind of licence, licence dependencies between products, NFRs, etc...). In this case the user should be notified and transfer has to be done manually. It usually takes 24 hours for agents to complete the process but we still have a backlog at the moment so it takes a couple of days more. You should be notified when the transfer is finally complete.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,194 Expert

Three days or more is sometimes normal, unluckily. They can also be faster, but is not guaranteed.

And I’m not so sure it is an automated system

• bobbybass
    bobbybass Member Posts: 8 Member

kind of ******. Been waiting for a week and two support requests. Obviously need to spend more in the support department.

• Addyjay

4th day now. Still awaiting @Kaiwan_NI are you able to help?

• Jeremy_NI

@Addyjay Not sure what happened to the automatic request. For contacting support, you only submitted your request yesterday, my colleagues should get back to you in a couple of days. We have a little backlog due to the recent big Easter weekend. Sorry for the wait and thanks for your patience.

• Jeremy_NI

@bobbybass Once again, my colleagues got back to you earlier today.

• Addyjay

Thanks for the update @Jeremy_NI. It does make it hard to know what's going on when there's is not a confirmation when you submit a transfer request that its even gone through. I'll keep my eye out for supports response.

• ruben
    ruben Member Posts: 8 Member

same here .. I am waiting 6 days now for a tranfer ID. I don't know if NI is on holiday or systems are down. I get no answer from them

• Addyjay

Keeping my fingers crossed that it some sort of reply comes today as I’d really like to hand over the software to the new owner.

• Jeremy_NI

@ruben It seems my colleagues got back to you this morning.

• Jeremy_NI

@Addyjay I've escalated your ticket. Someone should get back to you.

• Addyjay

Thank you @Jeremy_NI

• Jeremy_NI
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Little update on the topic, as I got more info.

Most of the time, automatic transfers work. For some of the transfers, it is not possible to do it automatically (wrong kind of licence, licence dependencies between products, NFRs, etc...). In this case the user should be notified and transfer has to be done manually. It usually takes 24 hours for agents to complete the process but we still have a backlog at the moment so it takes a couple of days more. You should be notified when the transfer is finally complete.