creating a Stem

Hello everyone I need your help I bought the program RipX v6.2.0 to split tracks (mp3, flac, wav, ....) into stem tracks. Now I load the individual tracks into the Native instruments Stem Creator. I still need the master track here. But this is not recognized. what's the problem here? Can someone help me? Thanks

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,195 Expert

Very nice program. What format is the original track?

• LostInFoundation

Or are you trying to import as master track a mixdown exported from RipX itself?

• LostInFoundation

If not, you could try this. If Stem Creator accepts the exports from RipX (which, in any case, has different export choices, but I suppose you know it), probably it will also accept the mixdown exported from it

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro

RipX can export directly in ni.stems.mp4 container format. No need for stem creator…

• LostInFoundation

Ooooh… I didn’t discover this yet… Thank you very much

• UnKnWriter
    UnKnWriter Member Posts: 9 Member

For explanation. I want to make stems out of existing tracks. Do I understand correctly that I don't actually need the Native Instruments Stem Creator program since I have RipX? Many thanks for your help. I really love the tips.

• UnKnWriter
    UnKnWriter Member Posts: 9 Member

Most tracks are in wav and flac. Some in MP4

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro

Correct.

Export> File type "stems.mp4"

There are also other options like Nuo-Stems (mac?) for batch processing if you just need stem versions of your library without any kind of edit that RipX/DeepCreate offers or the iOS app Let's unMix which added support to NI stems.mp4 support after I asked for and pointed to the resources from NI. I did the same to SimpleStems (stagecraft software) creator but not sure if he will implement it finally or not.

• rainwebs
    rainwebs Member Posts: 2 Member

Nuo-Stems seems to be an alternative when RipX is too expensive.

Although unMix is pretty cheap and works on Mx-based Macs the spleeter-based quality is pretty bad in comparison to RipX or unMix. The same with SimpleStems (that seems still not to support the stems.mp4).

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,217 Expert

And if you are not shy of the command line, StemGen is free and uses the very advanced demucs algorithm

https://github.com/axeldelafosse/stemgen