Komplete Audio 2 - Headset with a mic

Simonus
Simonus Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi all,

This is probably a dumb question, but I'm a total newbie with audio set up and I'm in the process of upgrading.

My question is simple:

If I use Komplete audio 1 and plug into it a Headset with a mic. Will the mic get recognized?

My set up upgrade is a work in progress and I would like to not have to buy a good headset + mic+etc all at one :p

Thx!

Best Answer

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

It will not work directly. But you may use an extension cable that splits jack of your headphones to two jacks, one for driving headphones and the other for mic.

You would plug headphones to this cable and one of the ends to KA2 headphone socket and other to KA2 mic socket.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    edited April 2023

It should not, since headphones out in the audio interface is just an output and doesn’t work also as an input, quite the opposite of what is for example for the socket of a telephone

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

It will not work directly. But you may use an extension cable that splits jack of your headphones to two jacks, one for driving headphones and the other for mic.

You would plug headphones to this cable and one of the ends to KA2 headphone socket and other to KA2 mic socket.