Stop gendering German language

TomSynsongs
TomSynsongs Member Posts: 42 Member

It is absolutely frustrating and upsetting to see that NI keeps using "gender language" almost everywhere on the German website. How can anyone write such sentences:

"In unserem Forum tauschen sich Musiker*innen, DJs und Produzent*innen aus. Egal ob Anfänger*in oder Expert*in ..."

Did you every check this does to blind or visually impared people who have to rely on speech recognition systems? Not one system in the market can read this - try on your Macs with the German voice turned on. The result is an absolute mess! Apart from this, everything is grammatically wrong.

Please visit a school (again) if you do not understand the difference between biological sex and grammatical sex in our language. What you are doing is offensive to people who are having reading disabilites, who are just about to learn our language and who need a visual aid.

Comments

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert

I do not speak German. but I see they made a mistake. There should have been DJ*innen and not DJs. ;-)

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited February 2022

Yes that's influencer written speech IMHO.

Or am I a Spießer?

• valerianmengsk
    valerianmengsk Member Posts: 20 Member

Isn't Native Instruments German? German language issues coming from Germans? 🤣

• General Smitt
    General Smitt Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I was a good client of NI more than a century (Maschine 1, 3, S61, Komplete Collectors Ed), but as i saw this left-wing political statement of gendering and schwurbeling our language the first time, i cancelled my already chosen (1800,- Euro) order. What kind of idiots in the marketing - god bless - we have a choice. And my choice: as long as you are doing this, no money !!!

• henryklein
    henryklein Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

„In unserem Forum tauschen sich Musiker*innen, DJs und Produzent*innen aus. Egal ob Anfänger*in oder Expert*in“

ist die Sprache linker Sprachvergewaltiger, Sexisten und Kommunisten. Normale Menschen gendern nicht.

• Sasha-TP
    Sasha-TP Member Posts: 2 Member

The worst thing I've seen so far was "Benutzer*innenkonto". What is that? Then get rid of the German website if you don't like the language.

• TomSynsongs
    TomSynsongs Member Posts: 42 Member

This is not only frustrating but DISCRIMINATES on all people who have congintive disabilities, are blind etc. NI should STOP this immediately unless the company thinks that support a politically motivated and not authorised agenda is worth more than using proper language which does not discriminate.