Cross-PC preset compatibility

OmniFace
OmniFace Member Posts: 12 Member

NOTE: I am barely proficient at Reaktor…

I am using Reaktor is a Reaper (DAW) project for my band.

This project gets transferred around to 3 different PC’s regularly (main, show laptop, backup laptop).

I created some Presets in various Reaktor instruments such as Razor and Rounds, and these are copied onto the various computers. These ultimately get loaded into Komplete Kontrol currently.

My issue is that every time I load the project on a different computer, Reaktor doesn’t know where the preset files are and I must manually locate the ensemble and the nkrt file.

This is apparently because the preset has a hardcoded file path within it. And since the user accounts are not identically named on either PC it can’t find the file correctly.

I there a way to fix this so I don’t have to locate it everytime?

—-

Alternatively, I think Reaper would keep track of any changes I made to a default preset as long as I don’t save it as a new preset. All the presets I made were tweaks of existing ones.

Is there any way to see what preset mine STARTED out as, so I could revert the default and modify again, without saving it as a new preset?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

Load a preset and open EDIT in the ensemble. Choice snapshots. Right click on ensemble snaps for a new bank. Save your snapshot with the same name the preset carry.

… and please read the manual

Answers

• Paule

If you own 3 Reaktor full versions please don't use presets.

Always use snapshots. They are saved with the ensemble - and there is no trouble withe snapshots.

• OmniFace

I own Reaktor 5 and 6 Full.

So, how do I convert to snapshots?

Sorry, Reaktor is perhaps the software I’m least familiar with and really just use premade instruments in it. Most things in use are in Kontakt.

• Paule
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

Load a preset and open EDIT in the ensemble. Choice snapshots. Right click on ensemble snaps for a new bank. Save your snapshot with the same name the preset carry.

… and please read the manual

• OmniFace
    edited March 2023

Great thanks!

I need to see if these get loaded in Komplete Kontrol. That’s where most of my work ends up being.

I vaguely recall the snapshots not working there. I actually did read the manual a while back, but since I own Komplete 14 Ultimate there’s a lot of manuals… lol

• Paule
    edited March 2023

If you use FORM and need snapshots I converted them in the past and brought them to U/L

https://www.native-instruments.com/de/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/10359/

If you use samples with drag and drop - there is a rule in Reaktor: place a folder in the same link where the ensemble is and name it Samples. You can create several subfolders but the upper is Samples.

If you load a sample from everywhere, no snapshot contains the path. So it's gone.

I need to see if these get loaded in Komplete Kontrol.

I don't own KK, so I can't help you.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,299 mod

It is possible to load them in Komplete Kontrol but it's not a simple process:

Preparing your REAKTOR 6 User Ensembles for KOMPLETE KONTROL

Preparing your REAKTOR 5 User Ensembles for KOMPLETE KONTROL

• OmniFace

Thanks. I was able to find this articles and transfer snapshots successfully.

much appreciated!