Kontakt libraries I bought give me a Missing Plugin, could not be loaded error message

bcconser
bcconser Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
edited April 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Hello,

I just purchased Icon Bass, Strummed Acoustic 2 and Electric Vintage. I have checked their install locations, as well as reinitialized the Komplete Kontrol DB, yet they won't load.

Icon Bass pops a message in both the stand alone from Komplete Kontrol and inside Logic Pro that says, "Missing Plugin, could not be loaded". Electric Vintage states different message of "Loading Issue, plugin not found".

Again, I have tried all steps in both the articles below, but nothing seems to work. I also can't find a way to open a support ticket.

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000826178-KOMPLETE-KONTROL-Error-Message-Loading-Issue-Plug-In-not-found-Please-open-the-standalone-application-

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001940438-MASCHINE-Error-Missing-Plug-ins-The-following-Plug-ins-could-not-be-loaded-

Best Answer

• Rich_NI
    Rich_NI Customer Care Posts: 173 mod
    Answer ✓

Hi @bcconser

We had a number of other users reporting this issue that were running an old version of Ventura, and this this version had issues with permissions, especially relating to installing to an external drive.

Please try updating macOS 13 to the latest version.

Are you then able to install to your external drive as expected?

Additionally, once a product has been installed on your local drive, moving it to an external drive should be no problem. It should simply be a case of following these steps:

Moving a Native Instruments Product to Another Location on Your Computer

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert

Did you also check in your plugins folder if the VST (or Au or AAX or anything you use) of the corresponding plugins are there?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    edited April 2023

These are Kontakt instruments, not plugins, so try and open them in Kontakt or Kontakt Player first and if you don’t have one of those of your system (which sounds like the problem), install them

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

As @Kymeia said, make sure that Kontakt is installed, to be safe open it in standalone, then Komplete Kontrol in standalone.

Also make sure to give Full Disk Access to Komplete Kontrol, Kontakt and Logic Pro: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

• bcconser

Thank you all. At this point I might need to open a ticket with support as nothing is working now. I think this all actually happened when I updated my Native Access. Now my Komplete Kontrol is complaining every time I open it to active the application. This opens Native Access, but then shows everything is activated. I have tried reentering my activation codes, but this doesn't help. As well, since Komplete Kontrol isn't working, it has now blanked out any of the VSTs I was using in my tracks in Logic. As well, if I try and open any instrument that needs Kontakt, it says I don't have Kontakt 6 installed. Yet when I try to install Kontakt 7, even with all the permissions added for Full Disk Access for Native, Daemon, Komplete, etc... it won't allow me to install Kontakt. As well, since there is not a Kontakt app currently installed, I can't give it permissions.

The one question I would ask though... I have tried completely removing NI to reinstall it, but this doesn't seem to work. Do you know if there is a method for backing up Logic projects so that I can just reimage my Mac Mini and get everything back to a working state? I have a feeling I have conflicting xmls or files that are causing the issue with the NI suite. Since the majority of the plugins I use are in the NI suite, it might just be easier to reimage. My only concern is that the projects won't restore/hold what plugins I have used within the NI applications. I obviously also learned my lesson on not using Time Machine.

Thoughts?

• Jeremy_NI

@bcconser The first troubleshooting steps should be to open Kontakt and Komplete Kontrol in standalone. You mention an error message when opening Komplete Kontrol in standalone, what does it say? Can you share a screenshot?

What happens exactly when you try to install Kontakt 7?

• bcconser

@Jeremy_NI Hi Jeremy. When I tried to load Kontakt, it would just error stating I didn't give it full access rights. I had done this, yet it still would not work. I have now reimaged my Mac Mini and started with a fresh install. However, I am still having issues. All applications (Kontakt, Komplete, etc) have loaded after I once again gave full access permissions. Yet, none of my instruments will load... actually, nothing outside of the 20+ apps will load even though I have given permissions to both the Native Access 2 and Daemon, as well as any of the NI Apps like Komplete. This leaves me with 140+ plugins not loading and erroring with a message that they don't have full access rights.

I have opened a support ticket, but I am at a complete loss. This is all due to buying 3 new plugins and needing to install Native Access 2. Not sure why I would continue to spend this kind of money (I have Komplete 13 Standard + several one-off plugins) when I can use nothing as of right now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited April 2023

@bcconser What hapens if you open the Kontakt application, found in Mac HD/Applications/Native Instruments/Kontakt 7?

What location have you chosen for your libraries? Is it on an external hard drive? What format is that drive?

Can you share a scrrenshot of your Preferences / File Management in Native Access?

• bcconser

@Jeremy_NI Thanks for the reply back. I'll grab a screenshot here in a second. I know that I can open both Kontakt and complete, but obviously nothing is there as there are no instruments loaded. I have applications saved to the local hard drive and content saved to an external drive. I didn't have any issues with this setup prior to Native Access 2. The drive is formatted for my Mac Mini and is a Lacie external 8TB drive.

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @bcconser "The drive is formatted for my Mac Mini and is a Lacie external 8TB drive." What format is that drive? You can find out by right clicking the drive and choosing Get More Info,

It should be formatted to APFS, as explained in this article: Notes on Hard Drive Formats on Mac Computers

• bcconser

@Jeremy_NI ... sorry for the delay. I checked the drive and it is formatted in ExFAT. What is odd is that it worked on this drive prior to reimaging, and I did not reformat the drive. Again, this was with Native Access version 1. Maybe something changed with Native Access v2? As well, here is the screenshot of my path settings in Native Access 2. I also tried installing Butch Vig Drums on my local drive and it works, so it is obviously a formatting issue or access issue to my Lacie drive. I'll try moving everything off and reformatting it in APFS.

• bcconser

@Jeremy_NI ... Ok, so today I reimaged my Lacie external drive to APFS. However, this still doesn't allow me to install my content to the location on the drive. I'm not sure why it keeps erroring at this point as I have granted full access rights within the system settings. Is there a different step for external drives permission granting I am missing?

Thank you.

Chuck

• Jeremy_NI

@bcconser I'm not sure if re-imaging is enough for Kontakt / Native Access. The drive should be erased and reformatted to APFS with Disk Utility.

• bcconser

@Jeremy_NI... Sorry for the confusion, that's actually what I meant. I had erased and reformatted the drive to APFS using the Disk Utility. I also have a ticketing running with support and they have been unable to solve. I just went ahead and installed locally, which isn't ideal as it took almost 350GBs of my 1TB drive. I'm not sure why with Native Access 2 I can't install anywhere but a local drive. I'll have to be more cautious about adding anything more to my Native Library due to space limitations.

Thanks again for all the help!

• Jeremy_NI

@bcconser Thanks for the update. Good that you found a workaround but it still should not be a problem to install content on an external hard drive. Let me know if we should re-open this ticket.