X1/Z1/MAcOS catalina stop wifi ???

SIMONBDX
SIMONBDX Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

When connecting the Z1 and X1 on USB C via and adaptor, the WIFI is still to be seen but no more connection.("no internet connection")

This cuts down the possibility to play from my beatport link account !!!

What is the solution ?

(all softs updated)

Answers

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,622 mod

What mac model is it? Some don't have enough memory bandwidth to support multiple controllers connected to it.

Ethernet of offline locker would be the work around.

• SIMONBDX
    edited April 2023

macbook pro 2021

works well with S8 + Xone + 2 cdj !!

the offline locker is available only if you connect to activate the account in traktor then disconnect to play (here in France) so not possible.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,622 mod

That macbook 2021 based on Intel? Not M1? Still running Catalina? (which I totally skipped for all the issues people reported)

Also do you have energy saver on? And does the same issue happens when connected directly to the computer (not via USB hub)

• SIMONBDX

I must use a hub as power supply takes 1 of the 2 usb C plugs

I tried different adapters/hubs same issue

catalina because of some other softwares

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    edited April 2023

Sorry for my ignorance…but what has connecting usb controllers to do with internet connection??? Is this really how Macs work??? Aren’t them supposed to be the perfect machines?

The only thing I can think of is if the usb hub you use also has an Ethernet plug. Only in this case I can think it could interfere with Wi-Fi…otherwise a usb controller blocking internet connection is out of my understanding 😶

Unluckily I don’t have an usb hub with Ethernet to check with my MacBook, since now I’m very curious…

• SIMONBDX

Wifi is supposed to have nothing to do with it. But...

I replaced the 10 euros ADEQWAT hub by a 90 euros Belkin hub and the no mark transformer by an apple transformer and... everything works (and the small white noise on the amp is gone)

tks anyway