Transport buttons in midi mode?

bzyboy
bzyboy Member Posts: 63 Helper

I've set up a template in controller editor so my MK3 can be used to trigger specific drum samples in kontakt. It's basically set up like an expansion kit. I can't seem to figure out how to use the "restart", "play", or "stop" buttons on the MK3 while in midi mode. I'm trying to do this using maschine as a stand alone. If anybody could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated!

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@bzyboy Transport in Logic is handled by the Maschine host integration. When you turn your device to MIDI mode, this host integration stops. YOu can only assign MIDI CCs to these buttons in MIDI mode.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Hum... Just Map your MIDI Mode buttons in Logic.

In Controller Editor set your transport buttons to Trigger Mode then in Logic go to Key Commands, search something like "Play", press 'Learn assignment' then press the Play button in your MK3, or whatever other controller. Works fine here.

Repeat for the Stop button and whatever else you might want.

Answers

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 254 Pro

Although I don't use your gear, I can tell you that transport controls work while in midi mode on my Komplete S88 keyboard without any fuss. Transport is enabled by one of 2 drivers installed for DAW control. "DAW" driver enables transport while the other enables integration. When entering midi mode, integration is bypassed but DAW driver is unaffected and so the transport controls still work. Maybe DAW driver is not set up in your DAW?

• bzyboy

Thanks for the input! I have a KK A49 keyboard and when I'm using that in midi mode the transport controls work great when I'm using logic but do not work when I'm using maschine. When I'm in midi mode on my MK3 I can't get my transport buttons to work in logic or maschine. I'm really only trying to get the transport buttons to work in maschine from my MK3. I started with a blank template so I'm assuming I haven't set it up properly which is what I'm trying to figure out.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@bzyboy Transport in Logic is handled by the Maschine host integration. When you turn your device to MIDI mode, this host integration stops. YOu can only assign MIDI CCs to these buttons in MIDI mode.

• bzyboy

ahhh ok, that makes sense, I appreciate the reply Jeremy!

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Hum... Just Map your MIDI Mode buttons in Logic.

In Controller Editor set your transport buttons to Trigger Mode then in Logic go to Key Commands, search something like "Play", press 'Learn assignment' then press the Play button in your MK3, or whatever other controller. Works fine here.

Repeat for the Stop button and whatever else you might want.