Kontakt 5 Preset/Batch Configuration .cfg files into K7

TheProf
TheProf Member Posts: 19 Member

Hi NI Forum -

I'm trying to get my .cfg files from Kontakt 5 (C:\Users\Admin.....Output Section Presets) to show up in Kontakt 7 Preset/Batch Configuration pulldown menu. I expect them to see them in the "Users" option, but it is greyed out. Any tips? Thanks - The Prof

Best Answer

• TheProf
    Answer ✓

Hi Jeremy - I decided to use the parallel concept; found the identical path used by Kontakt 5, substituted Kontakt 7, traced it all the way to the empty "Output Section Presets" folder. I then copied the .cfg files from Kontakt 5, pasted into that empty folder. Opened up Kontakt 7, loaded Abbey Road drums, and sure enough, opened "presets / batch configuration" and all my .cfg presets were there.

If anyone else were to have a similar query about their Output Presets from previous versions, or why "User" entry in Output Section menu is greyed out, this is the answer.

Thanks for helping out! Rick (The Prof)

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod

Hey @TheProf I couldn't reproduce the issue but I'm on Mac. I'm wondering if this could be caused by a permissions problem. Are you running Kontakt 7 as admin? How to Run a Program as an Administrator

• TheProf

Thanks, Jeremy - I'll give that a shot. I think I might be looking for a "path" for original preset folder with the .cfg files, to present itself to Kontakt 7. Like Native Access when it does it's "relocate" service. I usually just Google things like this, and get a quick answer, but no such luck. Thanks again for chiming in! @TheProf

• Jeremy_NI

@TheProf Just checking in, did you get that working?

• TheProf

Hi Jeremy - Thank you for getting back! I've been so busy, but still want to follow through. I did some path work for .cfg files. I found them here: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Kontakt 5\default\Output Section Presets . The files, being .cfg, are associated with sytem files belonging to Outlook mail. I'd associate them with Kontakt, but I get a warning about possible problems. Right now, only my Abbey Road presets, .nki files show up in Kontakt 7. I could move those .cfg files around if that helps Kontakt 7 find them. Thanks again for your help - Rick (The Prof)

• Jeremy_NI

@TheProf .cfg files are generic configuration files. I'm wondering if you should simply dissociate these files from any program, maybe this is the fix.

• TheProf
    Answer ✓

Hi Jeremy - I decided to use the parallel concept; found the identical path used by Kontakt 5, substituted Kontakt 7, traced it all the way to the empty "Output Section Presets" folder. I then copied the .cfg files from Kontakt 5, pasted into that empty folder. Opened up Kontakt 7, loaded Abbey Road drums, and sure enough, opened "presets / batch configuration" and all my .cfg presets were there.

If anyone else were to have a similar query about their Output Presets from previous versions, or why "User" entry in Output Section menu is greyed out, this is the answer.

Thanks for helping out! Rick (The Prof)