change sample rate of Native Instruments Komplete Audio 2 Interface

seteven
seteven Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi folks

im new to all of this and just wondering if you could help me? im using Ableton Lite. in the preferences of Ableton, im trying to set the sample rate and i cant set it higher than 96000. i think the sample rate of this Native Instruments is 192kHz. but there is no option for over 96000 in Ableton, any ideas how i can change it?

thank you

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert
    Answer ✓

First question would be why do you need higher than 96k (or even 96)? All it will do is waste resources really. 48K is usually more than fine to run your interface at (and what almost all pros will run at) and I would recommend starting there since latency will be lower and performance will be better.

If you REALLY need (for some reason?) 192K for playback, no idea on that.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert
    Answer ✓

First question would be why do you need higher than 96k (or even 96)? All it will do is waste resources really. 48K is usually more than fine to run your interface at (and what almost all pros will run at) and I would recommend starting there since latency will be lower and performance will be better.

If you REALLY need (for some reason?) 192K for playback, no idea on that.

• seteven
    seteven Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thanks heaps for your quick reply! ill set it to 48K

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert

KA2 should be able to go up to 192 kHz, but as Jester pointed out for listening 48k should do. Unless one uses plugins that behave rather nonlinearly and plugin does not use internally oversampling. In that case higher resolution brings better (correct) sound.

The thing is, that most such plugins do use oversampling internally.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,258 Expert
    edited April 2023

96 kHz could also be useful, if you work on audio for videos. Some requires it.

All depends on what you’re working for