Need help to set up a M1 computer with Kontakt

POLO
POLO Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited April 2023 in Kontakt

I need help, please!

I had to replace my soon to explode MacBook Pro with a new one, the M1 kind.

but I can't figure how to install my 60 .nkm songs and sounds, and assistance is really not helping... I miss the humans...

please, I really need help!

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,194 Expert
    edited April 2023

Ou est-ce que tu dois installer les chansons?

Quelques informations en plus sur les produits que tu utilise serait utile .

Si c’est seulement Kontakt (mais tu parle aussi de chansons, qui est etrange en parlant de Kontakt), le browser est divisé en 2 grandes parties: une qui gêre les pruduits NI et compatibles et une qui gêre les materiels de l’utent. Dans la dernière tu peut specifier les dossiers ou chercer les files

• POLO

Bonjour,

merci pour votre réponse!

J’utilise Kontakt en standalone avec une guitare synthé ce qui me permet de piloter un groupe virtuel ou n’importe quelle formation d’orchestre.

Ce que j’appelle chansons, ce sont les multis contenant chaque instrument nécessaire à l’arrangement du morceau.

Le problème que je rencontrais était dû à une librairie de sons pas encore installée contenant les caisses claires utilisées sur la plupart de mes multis.

Merci pour votre intérêt, tout semble être rentré dans l’ordre pour le moment!

une question subsidiaire me vient à l’esprit:

peut on assigner et enregistrer un tempo pour chaque multi? Je gagnerais un temps non négligeable en live si chaque multi se chargeait avec le bon bpm!

Merci et belle semaine!

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,291 mod

Hey @POLO Even if @LostInFoundation was kind enough to answer in French, please keep in mind the forum is in English only. Please use online translators like DeepL or GoogleTranslate, they are pretty accurate nowadays.

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

@Jeremy_NI Sometimes some questions/explaination are hard to give/understand in a foreign language.

The risk is that people will start (or maybe are already) writing in pm, and so the other users will lose even the ability to use themselves the translators for the answers given and lose the answers in their totality.

But…if it’s a rule, it’s a rule

(but pretty accurate when translating technical things is quite optimistic 😂😂😂…that’s why I struggle with some questions: the translators make a mess quite often)

• POLO

Sorry Gentlemen,

I forgot this rule, I’m new at this..

So, basically I tried to explain that the term “song” designates the multi containing the instruments I play live with my synth-guitar, Kontakt being used as a standalone.

I spent quite some time before I understood that the problem was a library that was not installed yet.. containing my favorite snare drums.

Everything is now functioning properly, thank you for your interest!

One question remains, nonetheless: is it possible to set and store a bpm for each different multi? it could save me precious seconds, between two songs when I play live!

With my best regards

• Jeremy_NI
    edited April 2023

Hey @POLO No worries! Welcome to the forum!

About the last question, unfortunately the tempo is a master setting in Kontakt, you can't load multis with different tempos.

• Jeremy_NI

I understand, and it comes from a really good intention, thanks for that, but yeah, it's a rule, it's in our code of conduct and you get a reminder when creating a post.

We understand it can be a little hard for non English speaking folks but on the other hand, anyone can answer to a question asked in English, so more chances to get that answer. We also offer support in different languages, French, Spanish, German, Chinese & Japanese in our support section.

• LostInFoundation

Just a suggestion: next time don’t use personal terms or you’ll get us confused. Specially if you use terms like “songs” in a musical context, but referring to something else 🤪😉

• LostInFoundation

“anyone can answer to a question asked in English, so more chances to get that answer”

Very fair point 👍🏼

But what I told you is already happening: After your remark, I answered in English to a question in German…and the guy immediately wrote me in pm…😶