Native Access vs. Installation File, Different Content Folder Names

adEY08394
adEY08394 Member Posts: 49 Member
edited April 2023 in Native Access

When I install, for example, Abbey Road 80s Drummer, through Native Access, the content location path is this:

G:\Native Instruments\Abbey Road 80s Drummer

But if I keep the downloaded installation file, and install from that, the content location path is this:

G:\Native Instruments\Abbey Road 80s Drummer Library

And there's no way to change it in the Windows installation setup wizard. It automatically creates the "Abbey Road 80s Drummer Library" folder.

And if I use the Windows installation setup wizard's default settings the content location path is this:

G:\Native Instruments\Abbey Road 80s Drummer\Abbey Road 80s Drummer Library

So to recap, when using Native Access, it installs the content into a folder named "Abbey Road 80s Drummer".

But when using the installation file, it installs the content into a folder named "Abbey Road 80s Drummer Library".

How is this possible, when Native Access is using the same installation file? How can there be two different paths? How can I make them both use the same folder name?

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert

What installation path you have set under the Native Access settings? Maybe this can make the difference (even if the path seems the same, only the name given to the folder changes…)

• adEY08394

Native Access content folder is set to "G:\Native Instruments", and installs as:

G:\Native Instruments\Abbey Road 80s Drummer.

And when installing using the installation file with default settings, it installs as:

G:\Native Instruments\Abbey Road 80s Drummer\Abbey Road 80s Drummer Library

And when installing using the installation file with custom location set to "G:\Native Instruments", it installs as:

G:\Native Instruments\Abbey Road 80s Drummer Library

• adEY08394

Abbey Road 80s Drummer vs. Abbey Road 80s Drummer Library