typing in the preset search doesn't work in Logic (KT-7508/KT-7696)

john parker
john parker Member Posts: 34 Member
edited August 2023 in Kontakt

This is a fairly recent phenomenon. When I type in the preset search bar, it triggers Logic instead. No words appear in the search bar. Very frustrating as you can imagine.

Restarting my computer doesn't help. I'm on the latest version of logic on a mac studio and up to date on all my native instrument software.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@john parker Thanks for the additional info. You are definitely right, it is a bug, we have a logged bug for this issue (KT-7696) and it seems we are awaiting information from Apple on the topic.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓

Little update on the topic. I reached out again to the Kontakt devs and Apple has acknowledged the bug was on their side and should be fixed in upcoming macOs versions.

Answers

• Keith Cocker
    Keith Cocker Member Posts: 120 Advisor

This happens now in Komplete Kontrol as well as Kontakt. Very annoying and just one more to add to the list of things that NI need to fix with KK.

• Jeremy_NI

@john parker What is your OS? Is it a M1 or Intel Mac? What version of Kontakt and Logic are you using?

• john parker

Hi, I am on the latest version of Mac OS, M1 in a mac studio, and the latest version of Kontakt and Logic. I don't use Komplete Kontrol if that helps.

• Jeremy_NI

@john parker I could only reproduce the issue if the Musical Typing keyboard window is active. Is it the same for you? I'm not sure if it's a bug or if it's to be expected though.

• john parker

Not at all. I don't use musical typing or ever have those windows active. Typing activates the shortcuts I have. For instance, If I attempt type the letter T in the search bar, it moves whatever region is selected to the playhead. If I open Massive X and type in the preset search bar, it works as expected.

I would def say this is a bug at this point :)

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@john parker Thanks for the additional info. You are definitely right, it is a bug, we have a logged bug for this issue (KT-7696) and it seems we are awaiting information from Apple on the topic.

• john parker

You're welcome. I updated to the new version, and the bug continues. For your records.

• Gajen Naren
    Gajen Naren Member Posts: 9 Member

I have the same issue ever since Kontakt 7 came out on my M1 Macbook. Every time I search for a sound patch it automatically triggers my shortcut keys in logic! Everything is up to date and it still won't fix the problem. It's really annoying because you'd have to close and re open the plugin or change the screen set, then open the plugin in order for the search functionality to work! ANNOYING!

• john parker

AAAAAAAAAAAAAG!!!!!! The previous update fixed this bug for me and the just-released version brings the bug back!

• tunedlogic
    tunedlogic Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Just chiming in here: I'm seeing this issue after resizing the Kontakt window in Logic Pro. If I don't resize the window, the issue doesn't occur.

• john parker

For me, this happens, no matter what I do. Glad you found a solution that works for you.

• Pykwix
    Pykwix Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited May 2023

Hello,

I recently purchased Komplete and I'm encountering an issue where I'm unable to search presets in Kontakt when using Logic Pro on my M1 Mac.

This seems to be a fundamental use case: navigating through the Kontakt main interface in a widely used DAW, operating on a popular OS and laptop. Given the quality and reputation of Native Instruments' products, I'm surprised to be encountering this bug.

• john parker

Ehh, I wouldn't be to hard on them. Komplete is a Massive product offering and they are fixing bugs as fast as they can through a wide range of included products. Are you encountering a ton of bugs or is this the only one?

• Michael Scheurer
    Michael Scheurer Member Posts: 21 Member

I'm seeing this here too, latest versions of everything...

• Mavros
    Mavros Member Posts: 33 Member

For those who can still work in Rosetta mode, the bug does not occur when you open Logic using this mode.

Interesting enough the text search block entry in the classic view of Kontakt 7 (so with the Kontakt 6 browser in the sidebar) does work correctly in native mod. It is a pure Logic issue as in Cubase in naive mode the text block search in the new browser view works correctly.

This bug has been there more or less from the start of Kontakt 7 I did not notice an intermediate version which did work.