Does the Stradivari have an auto decay articulation like Emotional Cello

TopoTone
TopoTone Member Posts: 16 Member
edited January 2022 in Kontakt

I don't know if that's the way to describe it, but does this Stradivari cello have a feature like the Best Service Emotional Cello, whereby, with a particular setting selection, a single note, depressed and held on your controller keyboard, will automatically fade out over a period of time? There are 2 options; a long fade and short. This feature allows me to focus on performance and not be concerned with moving midi controller faders with my left hand to control the decay. It is a wonderful feature that fits perfectly with my melodic piano compositions. I think the long automatic decay is about 5 or 6 seconds. With a good quality long reverb, this creates a wonderful atmosphere as a note on the cello fades out beautifully and smoothly over the selected time. It bypasses the need to develop some sort of additional ability to use a controller fader or wheel with your left hand while performing with the right.

I see the sale deal ends soon, so I'd love to hear whether this is possible before the discount opportunity is gone. thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

You can read the manual here and see for yourself.

Personally, no idea, but I am sure the manual will have the info you need.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

You can read the manual here and see for yourself.

Personally, no idea, but I am sure the manual will have the info you need.

• SkyTunes
    SkyTunes Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hello! I bought this today, and like you was hoping for the amazing legato in Emotional Cello to be present, No auto decay that I can find yet. When you press a note doing legato, you have to bring the mod wheel to low then rise slowly so the abrubt attack is less. A note held down rebows forever. Emotional Cello is still the best cello in my tool kit for legato.

On the upside, this really excels at all short notes and staccato, pizzicato, etc modes and sounds excellent, so for short abrupt note work it is excellent. Really excellent.

Best wishes.

Sky