deleting tracks in playlists NOT collection

johnmac222
johnmac222 Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

I see no thing relating to this here and can't find the option in traktor- newbie- but how do i delete a single file from a previously created playlist. I do not want to delete the track from the collection- which is the only option i can find. thanks, john

Tagged:

Best Answers

• s4mk3
    s4mk3 Member Posts: 33 Helper
    Answer ✓

Can't delete individual song from smartlist with right click . Only regular playlist.

You'll have to delete whatever condition you set for smartlist from that track so it doesn't include it.

• johnmac222
    Answer ✓

thank you all for your helpful comments. i have now found that the 'playlist' (displaying with lines and music notes icon still) was not actually in the playlist section (so a smart list?). i right clicked on that list itself and it gave me the option to import it to playlists- where the 'delete from playlist' option is visible. swift community response here is much appreciated!

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

There is "Delete from Playlist" just above "Delete from Collection" in local menu (right mouse button click). It deletes track from playlist, but not from Collection.

• johnmac222

Thank you. Strangely I am not seeing that. If I right click I have 'check consistency' above 'delete from collection'. No sign of 'delete from playlist' for me.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,661 mod

Maybe you are selecting the track not from a playlist but from a folder. Playlist have a graphic musical key on top of 4 vertical bars as a symbol, folders have the typical windows folder symbol.

• johnmac222

yes, the list i am looking to remove tracks from has the lines and music notes telling me it is a playlist. but thanks for responding.

• s4mk3
    s4mk3 Member Posts: 33 Helper
    Answer ✓

Can't delete individual song from smartlist with right click . Only regular playlist.

You'll have to delete whatever condition you set for smartlist from that track so it doesn't include it.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,661 mod

You can assign a button or key inside one of your mappings to the command:

Add In... ➔ Browser ➔ List ➔ Delete

I've done this in my keyboard mapping for ease of curating my playlists.

• johnmac222
    Answer ✓

thank you all for your helpful comments. i have now found that the 'playlist' (displaying with lines and music notes icon still) was not actually in the playlist section (so a smart list?). i right clicked on that list itself and it gave me the option to import it to playlists- where the 'delete from playlist' option is visible. swift community response here is much appreciated!

• armaaaand
    armaaaand Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

hi,

I have the same problem on Traktor DJ 2 that I prefer to use instead of Traktor Pro 3 for the beginning.

I can only delete the playlist and not each song that I want.

Do you know how can I process ?

Thanks