Importing Collections

Sacco Naz
Sacco Naz Member Posts: 125 Advisor

I am rebuilding my Collection after having corruption issues with Pro Plus...

Can I import more than one COLLECTION..?

Will multiple collections merge or will the next one just overwrite the previous one?

Thanks

Sacco

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,719 mod

Make a manual copy of your current collection and put it somewhere safe. After you have done that, you can try out all of the above and check the results. Please share them with us. Thanks. 🦋

P.S. If anything happens that you don't like, you can always return the original file to it's rightful place. 🌾

• Sacco Naz

I would do that but... it takes like 5 hours to import a Collection! LOL

I guess I'll have to ask NI

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,719 mod

You can test with a couple of fresh and really short collections (after saving your personal collection somewhere safe).

• Sacco Naz

Interesting idea... hummm

• Sacco Naz

Unfortunately it looks like there can only be ONE Collection...

It overrides what ever you have in there already!

I thought that was the case otherwise there would be an "option" at the IMPORT stage asking if you want

to "Merge" or "Override"

Sacco

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert

Might be cool to have Merge Collections functionality...

• Kayya
    Kayya Member Posts: 193 Advisor

I'm interested in this these days. Transferring collections really requires utilities and money. This is true when you want to change the format.

It always overwrites when you import different collection records. You can write as much as you choose from within the collection, which is an important detail. If it is your remaining records from the previous one, it will remain. This logic is the right way.

I always say this, I wish files in any format could be transferred without doing things outside. If switching between programs was very easy.