Crashes with Kontakt 7 / BSOD

TolomeoC
TolomeoC Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
edited April 2023 in Kontakt

I upgraded to Kontakt 7 full version,

1) instruments are visible in File manager, can be selected but doubleclicking does not load the instrument

2) Starting Kontakt 5 instead loads some instruments

3) Using the screen keyboard produces some sounds (with K5) but with a terrible latency, it seems that pressing more keys in series worsens the problem

Settings ASIO/ASIOFORALL

Answers

• TolomeoC

Sorry, I was interrupted with a BSOD when trying to look again at the Kontakt 7 settings. Could not copy the reason for the BSOD (today the 3rd BSOD when trying to use Konatakt7) because only for seconds on the screen

• TolomeoC

I am not sure that the information about my computer survived the BSOD:

Win10 last version, 128GB, 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K  3.20 GHz

Komplete Kontrol keyboard 2nd gen 61 keys

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

1) instruments are visible in File manager, can be selected but doubleclicking does not load the instrument

Which instruments? Are these Kontakt Player libraries? Were they installed with Native Access?

What soundcard are you using and with what driver?

• TolomeoC

Thank you: Piano instruments, all Kontakt Player libraries, all installed with Native Access

Soundcard ESI MAYA44 or Realtek Built-In USB Audio, no sound with either of them

• Jeremy_NI
    edited April 2023

Please check this article: KONTAKT Crashes

What driver have you chosen for the soundcards? any ASIO driver available?

For your onboard soundcard, you can try ASio4All: Setting up ASIO4ALL for Onboard Sound Cards

• TolomeoC

I use the ASIO4ALL

• Jeremy_NI

It might be worth checking these:

1. System File Checker tool

Run the system file integrity checker, as explained in this article from the Microsoft knowledge base.

2. Windows Updates

Make sure you have the latest Windows Updates installed. This article from Microsoft explains how to do this.

3. Install the latest Microsoft Visual C++

Ensure you have the latest supported Visual C++ redistributable packages for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 installed. Install both the x86:vc_redist.x86.exe and x64:vc_redist.x64.exe available from the Microsoft support site.

• TolomeoC

I use the ASIO4RALL

DISM run

Windows updates installed

SFC run

Result:

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.

For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at

windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline

repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

x86:vc_redist.x86.exe and x64:vc_redist.x64.exe installed

Restart computer now

Computer restarted

Kontakt7 opened

Trying Alicias Keys

Kontakt does not open .nki files nor .nkr files when doubleklicling instrument shown in left ppart of the screen

Starting Native access

installing version 3.3.0

Restart computer

Again NI Alicias Keys

after a very long time the User screen for Alicias keys appeared, sound very very low, latency much too long

Trying to restart Kontakt 7

Again Alicias kes

BSOD again

• Jeremy_NI

I contacted you by email regarding this, we'll need to have a deeper look in your system.