Kontakt 7.2.0 crash all time with multis in apple silicon

Marcel
Marcel Member Posts: 37 Member
Is there anyone else who has crash problems in Kontakt 7.2.0 when doing multis? I have updated to the latest version offered and this does not stop giving loading errors and crashes, everything is correct at the buffer level, prefs, etc. computer is a M1 max studio with enough ram and power.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Hey @Marcel Trying to help here, What about the Full Disk Access and the article steps? The more info you give, the better ;)

Answers

• just_jump
    just_jump Member Posts: 72 Helper

I’m using an M1 Max mbp without any issue in Logic and Ableton Live 11, but my multis are only 2-3 and infrequent. People probably need more details - what instruments / how many are you trying to layer in what DAW. I haven’t gotten the impression there’s a wide spread issue among composers.

I think the Max CPU bases at 32gig of ram? So unlikely that’s the issue.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited April 2023

Yes ... any multi with instruments on 2 pages (1-16, 17-32) crashes when minimized and pressing the navigation buttons. But it's Win10 and not up to date.

Waiting for confirmation that it is a bug from @Uwe303 who is running Win11. But I think he was swallowed by a black hole.

• Marcel

hi again, the issue its with all instruments, africa drums + acoustic instruments, also with electric mint and drumlab. Only 2 instruments in the multi. Yes its a mac studio 32, cpu usage about 12% , All buffers ok, libraries in a external TB ssd.

• Akeda
    Akeda Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Crashes all the time when loading the program or the plugin! Frustrating. MacPro 2013 64 RAM.

• Akeda
    Akeda Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I've found a temporarily solution:

Delete the following files:

Library /preferences 'com.native-instruments.Kontakt 7.plist'

Library application support/Native instruments/Kontakt 7

Restart computer. Run Native Access. Install Kontakt 6

Run Standalone Kontakt 6.

If you have other libraries right click on instrument. Check open with Kontakt 6, check always open with Kontakt 6.

Then you can open instruments and multis in Kontakt 6.7.2 and be up and running your projects. But you cannot open Komplete Kontrol in a normal way. Not good.

I hope that NI makes a fix for this bug soon. It seems to be an issue with MIDI CC.

• Marcel
    edited April 2023

Thank you very much for the trick @Akeda , maybe do the job for a short. @Jeremy_NI the team knows that issue?

many thanks to all.

M

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited April 2023

@Marcel this link

Nvmd, it's the same stuff as posted by Akeda. ooops!

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004169849-KONTAKT-Crashes

• Marcel
    edited April 2023

@Gee_Flat thanks,

• Jeremy_NI

@Marcel How do the crashes manifest exactly? Can you describe step by step? Do they happen in your DAW or in Kontakt in standalone? What DAW are you using? Are you using multiple outputs in Kontakt? What format is the external hard drive where your Kontakt libraries are installed?

• Marcel

The ssd is in the right format, kontakt crash when use multis and chaging presets of one instrument,

• Jeremy_NI
    edited April 2023

Do they happen in your DAW or in Kontakt in standalone? What DAW are you using? Are you using multiple outputs in Kontakt?

Does Kontakt and your DAW have Full DIsk Access? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Have you checked these steps? KONTAKT Crashes

• Marcel

both, daw and stndl.

thx

• Jeremy_NI
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Hey @Marcel Trying to help here, What about the Full Disk Access and the article steps? The more info you give, the better ;)

• Marcel

Hi Jeremy, all its done, full acces to disk, and steps. Its a mistery. The computer its blazing fast a very few cpu ussage.