Questions about Electric Mint

AxEdge
AxEdge Member Posts: 3 Member
edited April 2023 in Kontakt

I have a couple of questions please.

1. The sample range appears to stop at A#5? I have a couple of songs that go higher is there a workaround to achieve the higher notes? Short of playing an octave lower of course. Don’t think I could use this to play Santana or Timmons if this is a limitation
  2. Does anyone out there have any presets for Hank Marvin and The Shadows. Apache is an obvious starter but any would do

many thanks

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,258 Expert
    Answer ✓

And if you open it in Kontakt, you should be able to modify (maybe a copied version of) the instrument and add only the higher/ lower notes it is missing

Answers

• LostInFoundation

Usually instruments are sampled and can be played into the original instrument range. Electric Mint is based on the 1960 Fender Stratocaster with Rosewood neck, but I don’t know what its range was.

In any case, if you REALLY need such high notes range, a workaround you can adopt (but a laborious one) is to resample the instrument with a sampler (if you already own Maschine, it has a very convenient autosampler) and tell it to extend the notes over this octave (but be aware they will be stretched from the last useful note, which you say it’s A#5. But at such a high pitch maybe you won’t notice it too much)

• LostInFoundation
    Answer ✓

And if you open it in Kontakt, you should be able to modify (maybe a copied version of) the instrument and add only the higher/ lower notes it is missing