How to relink media libraries?

Chong
Chong Member Posts: 65 Member
edited April 2023 in Native Access

I reinstalled a new MacOS and trying to relink to my already downloaded media libraries but so far it's not show all my already installed libraries. In the Installed section, it shows 0 items. In the Content Location, I've already pointed to the new location of my media libraries.

Tagged:

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,196 Expert
    edited April 2023

Did you push the reload button after pointing at the new folder?

• Chong

Yes, I did push that reload button several times and nothing happens.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    edited April 2023

I think you need to be looking in 'Available' not "installed' as they are not fully installed yet, it's just the data you have copied over but Kontakt and other Native Instruments plugins still need to know where they are and that information needs writing into system files (eg .plists) - you need to use Native Access to 'locate' the specific locations for each library using the locate button as here for New York Grand which I have on my external hard drive like you but haven't installed yet (because I no longer need it)

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

This is true for the programs (you have to install them again). But the libraries should appear, with a repair button that allows to relocate to the new folder where they have been moved to

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

Yes that's what I'm showing you - the libraries should appear under Available ( did the same thing when I installed my NI stuff onto a new Mac Studio recently - didn't need to download very much, mainly just relocated it)

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

I’ve made this this afternoon for 6 libraries moved to an ssd. They were not under Available. They were under installed ( I notice now in your picture the New York Concert Grand says Locate)

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

Under Not installed are the things that were not installed previously on the computer (never or after an uninstall)

But I’m on Windows. Maybe on Mac it’s different

And I’m not on the same version of NA as the one you are showing

In my version the 3 choices are Installed products, Available updates and Not installed

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Chong Re-installing a new operating system on your Mac means that all the paths to previous installs are gone.

You can use the Locate function for Kontakt libraries:

• Chong

Okay, that seems to work but it's a very tedious process if I got lots of instruments. I thought once I pointed to the correct folder in the Content Location and then do a reload/refresh it'll automatically mapped all instruments to the correct folder. Well, looks like that's not the case here.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Chong There will be a locate all feature in the future. Until then, it is a tedious process. There is a workaround when you move one computer to another:

But in your case, I assume the reinstallation just erased all these files.

• Chong

When launching NA, how do I resolve this popup every single time in MacOS? It's really annoying.