Input sustain pedal with Ableton

Cello62
Cello62 Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Hi all. I just started using Ableton with a Komplete Control S49 MK2 keyboard. How do you please make it take the sustain pedal input, it records me notes as if it's not there. Thank you.

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,038 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

it should record the pedal as midi cc if setup correctly. Have you opened komplete kontrol stand alone and look in the midi settings. There you have to setup the pedal calibrate it and so on. https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005166305-How-to-Configure-Sustain-Expression-Pedals-on-KOMPLETE-KONTROL-Keyboards

Answers

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

Hello,

it should record the pedal as midi cc if setup correctly. Have you opened komplete kontrol stand alone and look in the midi settings. There you have to setup the pedal calibrate it and so on. https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005166305-How-to-Configure-Sustain-Expression-Pedals-on-KOMPLETE-KONTROL-Keyboards

• Cello62

Thanks all

• Cello62

Thanks for reply, but my problem is this, when i press pedal the sustain works fine, the problem is that ableton don't recognise the input and play the note without sustain

• Uwe303

If you record the sustain pedal do you move it at start of the recording?

• Uwe303

i tried and in my case ableton records from start on midi cc64, i also found no way to stop it like with cubase you can set midi filters and stuff easily (maybe also with max4live in ableton but you don´t use it i guess)

• Cello62

thanks again

• Uwe303
    edited April 2023

Can you set the view as in the red "circle" and see if there is some data, if you open the list with the midi ccs you see a blue dot before all automated stuff. I used the record button directly in a empty clip slot.