Click over tracks

Le Mar
Le Mar Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Hi,

I`m dj`ing usally with my X1 and Pioneer 900 nexus2 mixer.

But I`m starting to play with artist now where they would like a click track over the sound. How can I solve this in a easy way? I can`t do it trough the pionner mixer I belive, so the option is a soundcard before? but then traktor won`t work with the pioneer mixer?

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Yeah then maybe use an audio interface with 4 stereo pairs out, 3 pairs/decks go to the mixer last pair from deck d with click loaded goes to the monitoring system of your bandmates. I found no way in the manual of the nexus to use the build in interface and route one deck out, at least not without loosing the send FX, and i guess you'll use them. If you don't use the build in FX you could use the send to send one deck out to the monitor system exclusively.

Answers

• Uwe303

Hello,

do you use all 4 decks? If not you can sacrifice one to load a click loop. But I'm not totally sure if you can use the nexus to route that one deck to your bandmates so only they can hear it. Otherwise you could use a multi out interface and connect 3 decks to the nexus and that one deck to your bandmates monitor system. Another option would be to use ableton lite as master send the click from there and sync your traktor via ableton link to it.

• Le Mar

That will be the same as using the click function in taktor. The problem is getting it from nexus to the bandmates and not out on the speakers.

looking into the ableton posibility.

• Uwe303

Do you use mac? Or windows? And different methods have different advantages in terms of reliability if traktor crashes and so on. But maybe try the simple stuff first.

• Le Mar

Windows 10, and as you mention I`m a little scared of running bolth abelton and traktor on the same laptop as it will require more of the laptop.

• Uwe303
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Yeah then maybe use an audio interface with 4 stereo pairs out, 3 pairs/decks go to the mixer last pair from deck d with click loaded goes to the monitoring system of your bandmates. I found no way in the manual of the nexus to use the build in interface and route one deck out, at least not without loosing the send FX, and i guess you'll use them. If you don't use the build in FX you could use the send to send one deck out to the monitor system exclusively.

• Le Mar

yeah, so need the a soundcard with 4 stero pairs out to make it to work then. that also will still allow me to use the external mixer then. I guess that can work.