Updating from Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors edition to Komplete 14 standard

bacchiny
bacchiny Member Posts: 8 Newcomer
edited April 2023 in Komplete General

I wrote another post, but phrased my question badly with incorrect info so here's a fresh start.

I am offered an update a from Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors edition to Komplete 14 standard. I know Monochrome said in my last post that this is not possible, but please see screenshot.

My question is not whether this is possible (I think it is, because NI are offering it to me for a big reduction on full price of K14), the question is this: if I accept that offer, will I still retain everything from Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors edition or will I be surrendering it in order to get K14 for a lower price? Thanks in advance.

Best Answers

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

5. Do I have to uninstall older products or will they be replaced?

You don't have to uninstall older major product versions. The new versions will be installed in addition to the existing ones.

Example: if GUITAR RIG 5 is already installed on your system, GUITAR RIG 6 will be installed in addition to the older version. This way you can still use DAW projects that contain older instances of GUITAR RIG.

-------

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003718289-Common-Questions-About-Updating-or-Upgrading-a-KOMPLETE-Bundle

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    Answer ✓

@bacchiny

Your question cannot be answerred without knowing what Komplete licences you have. I mean all licences (Base Products and Upgrades/Updates).

It seems you have Komplete Select, Komplete 12 Upgrade from Select and I guess K12UCE Upgrade from Komplete.

Is that right, or do you have some more Komplete SW?

I have suspicion that NI web sometimes confusingly offers Upgrades that do not take in account user upgrade path. If you use Komplete 12 as base product for upgrade to K12UCE (I assume that, I do not know that for sure...), than the same Komplete 12 cannot be used as base product for Komplete 14 Upgrade (I assume you do not have two Komplete licences....).

But it is just my suspicion, I have never verified that as I have many, many Komplete licences....

Anyway, in case you are eligible to Update, if you wait till Summer Sale you will save (most probably) extra 50%.

Answers

• bacchiny

(screenshot with more info)

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

5. Do I have to uninstall older products or will they be replaced?

You don't have to uninstall older major product versions. The new versions will be installed in addition to the existing ones.

Example: if GUITAR RIG 5 is already installed on your system, GUITAR RIG 6 will be installed in addition to the older version. This way you can still use DAW projects that contain older instances of GUITAR RIG.

-------

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003718289-Common-Questions-About-Updating-or-Upgrading-a-KOMPLETE-Bundle

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    Answer ✓

@bacchiny

Your question cannot be answerred without knowing what Komplete licences you have. I mean all licences (Base Products and Upgrades/Updates).

It seems you have Komplete Select, Komplete 12 Upgrade from Select and I guess K12UCE Upgrade from Komplete.

Is that right, or do you have some more Komplete SW?

I have suspicion that NI web sometimes confusingly offers Upgrades that do not take in account user upgrade path. If you use Komplete 12 as base product for upgrade to K12UCE (I assume that, I do not know that for sure...), than the same Komplete 12 cannot be used as base product for Komplete 14 Upgrade (I assume you do not have two Komplete licences....).

But it is just my suspicion, I have never verified that as I have many, many Komplete licences....

Anyway, in case you are eligible to Update, if you wait till Summer Sale you will save (most probably) extra 50%.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,128 Expert
    edited April 2023

Basically what Kubrak said. I think you may want to contact NI's support for a clear answer before you buy.

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210264185

• bacchiny

Thank you all for your help - I see my mistakes clearly now! Yes, Kubrak, you are exactly right about what licences I have. Much appreciated.