Session Guitar Electric Sunburst Plays After Playback Stops

Scaryytino
Scaryytino Member Posts: 7 Member
edited April 2023 in Other Software & Hardware

Tried to search but couldn't find anything, apologies if double post.

I just got Session Guitar Electric Sunburst included in Komplete Now but it's kinda a joke. Not because it doesn't sound or work great, but because it literally never stops playing. After I stop playback it decides to keep playing the sample pattern of whatever I the last pattern used was continuous.

How do I get this to stop?

Would love to share a video but only images are supported 🤷🏻‍♂️

Comments

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,197 Expert

“Would love to share a video but only images are supported 🤷🏻‍♂️”

You can zip the video and then share the zip

• LostInFoundation

It sounds like a midi note gets stuck in whatever is playing the instrument

• LostInFoundation

Where did you load Sunburst? A DAW? Maschine?

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

I don’t think it’s Komplete Kontrol or Kontakt standalone, since you’re talking about playback

• Scaryytino

I loaded Sunburst in both Komplete Kontrol and Kontakt in Logic Pro. It's not a midi note getting stuck because it is playing the sample, not the actual notes that are playing.

• LostInFoundation

Maybe I understood where you confusion can come from.

These kind of instruments (the ones in the “Session” series and the Drums in Playseries) have 2 way to be played: one version is that a single midi note on your keyboard (or coming from your Daw) will trigger a pattern instead of a single sound (usually it depends on which octave you are playing on).

Probably the midi note coming from your DAW is playing one of those patterns.

What still baffles me is that you say “literally never stops playing”, while in any case, it SHOULD stop.

So…I’m not sure this is the case, but at least you can take a look at this to eliminate it from the possible causes

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

Checked for you: first question: in Kontakt/ Komplete Kontrol did you load the “Melody” version or the “normal” one? The normal is the one playing patterns

• LostInFoundation

Ok…forget it. I’ve seen now in your video (the second time you play the track) that the pattern that was playing when you stopped Logic did come to its end and restarted (you can see it by the gray bar under the selected D1).

Does this happen also when you play it “live” using your keyboard? Or is the audio stopping after a little while when you release the key?

• LostInFoundation

If with the keyboard everything works as expected, it could be an old known Logic problem with midi notes getting stuck for which NI has already released updates for other products

• LostInFoundation

Does Logic Pro have a “midi panic button” or something like this?

If it does, try pushing it after you stopped playback to see if the infinite guitar loop stops too

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 363 Pro
    edited April 2023

You need to refer to your Session Guitar documentation paying attention to the use of the control switch that is used to accomplish an empty strum pattern on the current chord for an ending.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

Notes can be perceived as ending at the top of the next bar, but are sometimes actually a fraction too long. Zoom in and inspect those notes. If any extend past the expected length of measure(s), they can hang. Just like a sustain pedal will hold if it isn't stopped before the next bar starts.

Just a thought.

• Scaryytino
    edited April 2023

@LostInFoundation - I have never actually used it with a live midi. I have the notes I want from a previous instrument and I'm trying to audition this as a new one. But I did try it now and it does not cause the problem. This was just included in Komplete Now a few weeks ago. If this is a known problem and they decided to still ship this to new people before fixing that's ridiculous.

It's not playing my most recent note it's playing the sample note. No matter what note I stop playback on it always plays the same note on repeat after. It's whatever note the sample is set to, not the notes that I'm playing.

I tried 3 different panic/kill commands in Logic Pro and none of them fix it. So it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the midi information and everything to do with the plugin.

@DunedinDragon that was entirely unhelpful.

@Gee_Flat It's not playing the notes I have in the region. It's playing the sample. And it will repeat indefinitely, so it's not tied to any of the notes that were played.

I was able to find a temporary workaround, but is not a permanent solution. The plugin has 8 trigger keys for which pattern to use. Above those and before the actual playable notes are, are stop triggers. if it gets stuck in its loop I can trigger one of those and it will stop. But this is definitely not how this plugin should be functioning.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

I read about 'Stop Triggers' in the manual this morning before I offered some help.

I just assumed anyone who comes to the forum bellyaching and calling something "a joke", has at least read the manual thoroughly.

Learn how to play a guitar ! 😋

• Scaryytino

@Gee_Flat I knew about the stop triggers. But they are meant for when you're actively playing the plugin, and should not be the only way to get it to stop while you have already pressed the stop button on your daw. So yes, the fact that it won't stop when you stop playback is a joke. ESPECIALLY if this is a known issue that they are actively delaying fixing.