Can you load an external WAV file as another take?

JRGariano
JRGariano Member Posts: 22 Member

I use Maschine+ exclusively in standalone mode.

I've loaded an external WAV file, from the Maschine+ memory card, into a sound and clip via the audio plug-in. I have a slightly different version of the external WAV file that I'd like to load in as a second take to the same sound so I can compare it to the original version of the WAV file when playing the clip.

When I record into the Maschine+ using the loop>take method, I can compile multiple takes under one sound. Is there a way to load an external WAV file as a second take into the same sound?

Comments

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,196 Expert
    edited April 2023

Interesting question. Tomorrow I will experiment with this.

• LostInFoundation

Out of curiosity:if it is for comparison, why not loading the second wave to a second sound slot? Making so, you would even have volume and mute control for the 2 sounds and you can A-B compare them.

In any case, you made me curious about the possibility to accomplish what you asked, so tomorrow I will try 😉

• JRGariano
    JRGariano Member Posts: 22 Member

@LostInFoundation It's only because I keep my sounds and clips organized in such a way within the group that it would help me to have it as a second take versus another sound. I could certainly work around it as you imply or even just load the two WAV files back and forth to perform my comparison. But, in my workflow when it comes to recording audio, I've come to really like using the takes feature, so I'm wondering if I can extend it to external files too.

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

It requires a little more time, but you could always load it in a second sound slot (maybe with internal resampling another group is required) and then sample from it into the one you’re interested to have the 2 takes…and then delete the second sound slot

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

In any case, tomorrow I will try what you’re asking for…intrigued 😏