Can someone help me with my license transfer ASAP?

WerneriP
WerneriP Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi!

I'm selling my second-hand bought komplete kontrol M32 and I am unable to transfer the licenses to the new owner. I've read that all licenses have a 60 day time period when they can't be transferred, but I've also read that NI can make exceptions with the assistance of support. Well the support has been quiet for quite some time now and the new owner is waiting patiently, thank god for that. What should I do to speed this process and are the following licenses even transferrable (have I misunderstood something).

Here are my licenses that I'm trying to transfer:

KOMPLETE KONTROL M32 Collection

KOMPLETE KONTROL M32 HW

KOMPLETE START - Komplete Kontrol

KOMPLETE START - Supercharger

KOMPLETE START - TRK-01 Bass

Best Answer

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    Answer ✓

@WerneriP

It is just OK if you transfer KOMPLETE KONTROL M32 HW. New owner will get all SW that has been bundled to HW. And you will keep SW that you have.

-------------------

Sidenote. One may transfer licence within 60 days limit. Just it is not possible to do it automatically by SW, it needs human to do it.

Answers

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,116 Expert
    edited April 2023

Well, other than waiting for an answer from support, there's not much else that you can do for now.

Also, I don't think that you can transfer Komplete Start products as it's entirely free software.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    edited April 2023

I think it would be enough to transfer the hardware license. The softwares that come with it will automatically be given to the new owner once he register the new serial. And probably you will keep the softwares for you too, since the time I had a problem with a previous owner of a Mikro mk3 not doing the license transfer they helped me with a new serial (after proving the MK3 was in my hands) but they also told me they didn’t mind him keeping the software (and somebody else stated in another discussion this is the new NI politic: both users keep the softwares)

About speeding up the process…I think only the support can help you with this

• Kubrak
    Answer ✓

@WerneriP

It is just OK if you transfer KOMPLETE KONTROL M32 HW. New owner will get all SW that has been bundled to HW. And you will keep SW that you have.

-------------------

Sidenote. One may transfer licence within 60 days limit. Just it is not possible to do it automatically by SW, it needs human to do it.

• LostInFoundation

…or read Kubrak’s answer…waaaay different from mine 😂😂😂

• VanDaymer
    VanDaymer Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi, How do you get the new serial?

It says the item is not transferable.

Could you help with this?

I got my M32 as gift but it is to big for me I want to sell it but I want to keep the komplete 14 select bundle if it is possibe.

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023

Usually the HW license should be transferable. It’s the software bundled that should say “not transferable”.

Once you ask for a license transfer for the M32, the new user should also get the bundled software (in case of this m32 + k14 select offer only if he registers the serial before the offer ends). And usually previous owner gets to keep the software too. But in the case of a bundled software during an offer (like the one we have now for M32 bundled with K14 select), to be sure I would ask NI support for confirmation. They could act differently to avoid people buying the offer just to keep the Komplete package for free.

Another possibility is to sell the M32 specifying it is without serial. New user could use the keyboard anyway (there’s no need to register HW in order to use it), but of course he won’t get the software, since he doesn’t have a serial to register

• Kubrak

If you have registered HW/SW recently, it is marked Non Transferable for 3 months (or something like that).

In that case automatic transfer is not possible. You have to open the Support Ticket at NI web and ask for licence transfer. In my experience NI will deregister that item from user account and you would pass to new owner Licence Number, not Licence Transfer Number...

What happens with your K14S hard to say.... When I sold Komplete Audio interface that has been additionally bundled with Guitar Rig as temporary bonus. Guitar Rig has stayed at my account. But I have used automatic licence transfer, not manual one.