How to use Hans Zimmer Percussion Professional Maschine Mapped presets?

ProfessorChaos
ProfessorChaos Member Posts: 129 Advisor

I just got Hans Zimmer Percussion Professional, and I saw that it comes with some presets that say Maschine Mapped, and I thought great! because I recently bought a Maschine Mikro 3 that I haven't had a chance to really dig into, and this would be a great chance, since the stuff that comes with it is a lot projects with music that is definitely not my cup of tea.

But probably because of not knowing it well, I'm a bit confused about how to load those presets. As far as I can tell, you can make these "groups", each of which has 16 pads. And you can load sounds into each pad:

But apparently there's no way to load any of those presets as a full group. You need to load the preset into each sound, and then set the Mikro to Keyboard mode, because pad mode, the one that shows all the colors that you set it to, will only play the first sound it's assigned to.

So for example if you load the same exact preset, the one that says (JXL AE) on all 15 sounds or pads, and you hit any of the pads, it's going to play exactly the same drum, at the same MIDI note.

And unless I'm missing something, or they mapped this using keyboard mode on purpose, it doesn't seem to me that it's the way it's supposed to work. It seems to me that "Maschine mapped" would be something that you could load in pad mode and it would have all the different colors already mapped. In fact, I also have a Native Instruments S88 MK2 MIDI keyboard, the one with the LEDs on each key, and those LEDs show different colors for each preset. So it seems weird that they would go through the trouble of mapping those and not the Maschine ones if it says "Maschine mapped"

Did I miss something here?

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,038 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

as you've already pointed out you have to use them in keyboard mode.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,038 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

as you've already pointed out you have to use them in keyboard mode.