Mixing console

calhounmm@gmail.com
calhounmm@gmail.com Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I love working with Maschine...I have a digital console that is collecting dust. I was wondering...can a mixing console be used with Maschine software? If so. how?

Best Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

depends on the mixing console, but if it is analog you can use a multi out interface and route groups to the console and use it for group mixing for example. You can of course also route single sounds and/or groups like you want/need.

• calhounmm@gmail.com
    Answer ✓

I have a Yamaha digital mixer with interface. Can I route groups to virtual channels?

Answers

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

Hello,

depends on the mixing console, but if it is analog you can use a multi out interface and route groups to the console and use it for group mixing for example. You can of course also route single sounds and/or groups like you want/need.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert

Does the digital console also work as an audio interface?

• Uwe303

It depends on the console, some yes some not. So what is the exact model?

• calhounmm@gmail.com
    Answer ✓

I have a Yamaha digital mixer with interface. Can I route groups to virtual channels?

• LostInFoundation

That’s why I was asking him if it did also work as an audio interface ☺️

• LostInFoundation

You should. Does the Yamaha have some kind of buttons/switches to select the USB input instead of the analog ones?

It would be useful to know as Uwe303 asked the exact model, not a generic brand (every model can work differently, even the ones from the same company).

A thing you could do by yourself is selecting in Maschine’s settings under audio your digital mixer as the interface and then checking what/how many possibilities it gives you as outputs. If they are many (probably the same number as the mixer channels) you can select them and then see on the mixer itself what you have to do to switch the inputs from analog to usb (or digital). Sometimes you have a button on the channels. Sometimes a switch. But some of them have a companion program on the computer and the inputs selection is done by it