Any way to access vst2 version of plugins?

Herr Klaus
Herr Klaus Member Posts: 7 Newcomer

Hi All!

So, I updated my Komplete Version and moved my whole setup to a new computer (Mac Book Pro, M1 Pro Chip, OSX Ventura). When I now open up a recent project I was working on in Ableton, the VST2-Versions of are reported as missing. I gather they are being disconnected in recent Komplete Versions, so that makes sense, but is there any way I can save my work? Can I get legacy versions? Or replace VST2 with VST3 and recreate my settings?

Thanks,

B

Best Answer

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,040 mod

Hello,

If you don't have your old setup to save the presets i guess it will be not that easy. You could contact support and ask if they can give you downloads for the latest installers with vst2 versions but then they will maybe not work on your system - maybe with rosetta mode. There are just a few legacy versions online https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000306817-Legacy-Installers-for-Native-Instruments-Software-Products

• Herr Klaus

Hi, and thanks!

That’s indeed not too many vst2 legacy versions ... I'll try support and report back, it it leads to anything!

Have a good day,

B

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓

@Herr Klaus M1 in native mode does not support VST2 anymore. If you want to use your VST2 plug-ins you will need to run your DAW in Rosetta mode: How to Open Your DAW Using Rosetta

• Herr Klaus

@Jeremy_NI Great, that works - thanks a lot! And any my hard drive, the Library-Folder called VST contains the VST2-Formats, correct? There is another folder called VST3.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,040 mod

"Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST"

"Username/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST" those are the two mac standard vst2 folders, the second is not used that often as far as I know

• Herr Klaus

Ok, got it! Thanks for your answers and your patience 🙂