Output Automatic with CC - is it possible

TomArrow
TomArrow Member Posts: 10 Member

Hi

I´ve been playing with the Kontakplayer with differen instruments. I send dem on different outputs. Is is possible to automatic the Outputlevels with CC?

thanks for helping

Tom

Best Answer

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

You cannot automate the mixer outputs, but you can automate the instrument main volume slider. But easier to use your recording DAW to automate volumes.

You can use volume slider on midi keyboard, or 'Midi Learn' for #CC to change instrument volume.

Answers

• Gee_Flat
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

You cannot automate the mixer outputs, but you can automate the instrument main volume slider. But easier to use your recording DAW to automate volumes.

You can use volume slider on midi keyboard, or 'Midi Learn' for #CC to change instrument volume.

• TomArrow
    TomArrow Member Posts: 10 Member

Hi,

I use for live performance Kontakt Player stand alone so i can use the cpu and ram power for the instruments. Then i have construct some instrument banks like you can see in the picture..

an i have automaticed the volume slider for the sum of each instrument. But now i have no other slider to use for all instrument banks. The master Vol of the Kontakt player is also not to use with cc

PS: I play with the nashville note system an in all instruments are the chords in this system. When i change the Root note and I use the vol from each instrument the it will jump to from the old vol to the step of the vol of the knob. That sounds bad.

Thanks for helping with a good idea

Tom

• Gee_Flat

Try to apply 'Soft Takeover' to the #CC assignment and that might fix the jumping.

If you want to control individual volumes of all 6 instrument in the bank you will have to put them in a rack as individual instruments.