Traktor Kontrol S3 - Low Audio Output Problem

Quade
Quade Member Posts: 231 Advisor

Good Day

To whom it may concern

I just received my Traktor Kontrol S3 DJ Controller this past Friday, Took it for a proper spin on Saturday & noticed that the Master Output is Incredibly Low, Including the Headphones Volume Level, it starts getting louder as close to turning the Volume All the way to It's Max. This is an Issue.

None of my settings have changed, (Headroom (0) , Auto gain - Off ) have been using the same Settings with my Denon MC3000 DJ Controller, Traktor Kontrol S4 DJ Controller & My Pioneer DDJ-T1 DJ Controller, no issues.

May i kindly ask that the Coding for Traktor Pro 3 get looked into, i suspect that it may be coded with a low volume. I have tested from previous thread's i have read up on. changing the Wasapi Exclusive Share setting as well & changed from 41000 to 48000 & still the same results.

Alot of the DJ's from previous posts have complained about the very same issue i am currently experiencing with a brand new device. I have also checked the firmware for the device & is updated to the very latest version 0.1.4.

I Would humbly appreciate some feedback on this & possible to include an update on this device in the next beta version to be released as a test to see if possible changes made, has been focused on this Device.

Much Appreciated For The Response in advance.

Happy to provide more info if i missed anything.

Warm Regards

Quade

Tagged:

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Perhaps @Ryan @ NI can provide the recommended audio setup or offer insights on this issue?

• Ryan_NI
    Ryan_NI Customer Care Posts: 191 mod

Hey Quade,

Thanks for writing. We're definitely aware of some users being affected by this issue on the S3, and we've been looking into it and working hard to try to find where the issue lies and how to resolve it. Let me know if you want to open a support ticket if you wanted to discuss the issue further.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your patience!

• Quade
    edited January 2022

Good Morning

Thank you for your reply, Truly appreciated. I had to repost this as I was quite concerned about this particular unit. I can tell that when i got my Traktor Kontrol S4 ( 1st model) there has been an audio issue in a Release Candidate sometime ago , it affected both the headphones & Main Volumes, which in a later RC , that issue has been resolved & have not had any issues thereafter. I cannot tell you when but it has happened. I will try track down if I have posted it in the old forum & repost that , perhaps that may help trace a solution based on that RC. Much appreciate for replying & looking to an update for this unit.

Warm Regards

Quade

• Ryan_NI

Hey Quade! Thanks for your understanding in the matter - I can imagine it must be frustrating.

My understanding after speaking with the team is that it's most likely fixable with a firmware update. I can't promise this just yet, but we're definitely working on it and hoping to fix the issue via an update as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your understanding and patience! :)

• Senseless
    Senseless Member Posts: 2 Member

I really appreciate that this is being addressed. I just had my first outing with the S3 and I had the same problem, the club's soundboard barely registered anything until the Main Out on the S3 was at ~75%, and setting it to 100% was still quieter than my old S2 at 50%.

I also tried recording the set of the other DJ by plugging them into the Line In ( on the S3 and the line in signal was also very quiet (confirmed that their output volume was high and input gain was all the way up). So that may be an issue as well. I'll try it again in a better controlled environment and see if it's still an issue.

• Quade

Thank you for the heads-up. Much appreciated.

Just while I am on this topic, as a matter of interest, with all the most recent RC , i have noticed a drop in Headphone volume level, not sure if there are others who may have picked this up but i most definitely have. I own 2x Pioneer HDJ X5 DJ Headphones, they work brilliant with other hardware & I get the volume output I want. Just recently I actually took note of a difference in audio level & it's much lower than before.

EG. - Connecting my Headphones to either a 350 Mixer of 750, I get excellent volume ranging between 11 & 1 (analoge clock dial) when adjusting the level on the mixer, lately using My Pioneer DDJ-T1 , Denon MC3000 & the S4, i have to increase to about 3'o clock before i get the volume i am looking for, which I have never needed to exceed that amount of volume increase. The output i got from these units have been consistent as mentioned when Connecting to the club mixers.

Just thought i'd add that & perhaps have a look at as well.

Again thank you & looking forward to the new RC for testing.

Warm Regards

Quade

• Quade

Good Day @Ryan_NI

I trust all is good & well. I am humbly just following up is there any updates regarding this hardware yet & is there new developments on an update for Traktor Pro ?

Much appreciate In Advance

Regards

Quade

• Ryan_NI

Hey Quade,

Thanks for checking back in - in full transparency, the new firmware update that we have been working on has proved some very promising results. That being said, there is still a lot of testing to do to make sure it doesn't break anything else. It's looking good so far, but we'll need more time to test it to make sure it's all good.

Hope that helps :)

• Quade

Good Day Again @Ryan_NI

I am very very happy to hear this. Appreciate the feedback , I am sure that the other owners of this unit would feel a bit at ease. I cannot wait for the release of the firmware & new Beta Version to take for a test run.

Many Thanks

• Ryan_NI

glad to hear it :) feel free to ping me if you don’t hear back and I’ll be happy to update you.

• Quade

Good Day @Ryan_NI

Most humble apologies again, Should I log a separate ticket regarding a significant drop in Headphone volume?

I had been using my Pioneer DDJ-T1 DJ Controller for the past couple of weekends now & yesterday , I noticed a significant drop in audio, my level was up to 3/4 'O clock before I got adequate listening volume. No settings have been changed & I have been working with the current settings since the get go....

Any possible ideas perhaps?

Many thanks in advance

Quade

• AntonA1
    AntonA1 Member Posts: 8 Member

As an S3 user, I'm following this thread with interest.

I had just assumed that the reason for the low output was that the sound card was of poor quality?

That would truly rock if a firmware update could correct this.

On my first unit (which I replaced shortly after purchasing) their was a ton of circuit noise on the headphone output, amongst other issues (including those mentioned here).

The replacement issue has the same low output volume on the master and headphones, so I just chalked it up to cheap hardware.

Good to know...and @Quade, you're requests are very respectful and polite. I find it refreshing!

• Ryan_NI

hey @Quade - I have to second what @AntonA1 said and show some appreciation for your respectful and polite attitude in the conversation. Thank you for this :)

Regarding the DDJ-T1 - did you update TRAKTOR recently or firmware for your device? If you use the DDJ-T1 for other DJ software, does the issue persist there as well?

• Quade

@AntonA1 Humbly appreciate your kind words...... Much Respect.

Thank You

• Quade
    edited February 2022

Hi @Ryan_NI

I cannot use the Hardware with any other software as it's designed specifically for Traktor. I have tested last night using my Denon MC3000 & experiencing the same issue. I have my power adapter plugged in as it does boost the audio a bit ( as indicated by various djs & forums ) So to answer the questions.....

Yes - Power is connected to the unit.

Yes - Firmware has been updated in 2013 ( DDJ-T1 Unit )

Yes - Most Recent version of Traktor Pro 3

Yes - Have updated Windows with the most recent updates

NO - Settings have not been changed , I have a back up stored on my laptop

NO - Have not tested on another laptop / computer ( Both Hardware & Software )

Just not sure what the cause of this would be.... It is just sudden that I have encountered this. Perhaps with the next Beta release, Have the db increased perhaps for both Master & Headphone, just to be on the safe side before releasing the RC to the public (Just my view & thought)

I will give it a go later this evening testing on my home computer & will provide feedback.

Much appreciate towards your replies in advance.

Regards

Quade