Are NI products now compatible with MacOS Ventura?

Chong
Chong Member Posts: 65 Member

I'm running Kontrol S88 MK2, Native Access, and Komplete Standard 14. I like to upgrade my MacOS to Ventura due to other issues with other apps I'm using. Checking this macOS 13 Ventura Compatibility list, should I be concerned? I'm just double checking to make sure I'm not missing anything before upgrading my MacOS.

Thank you.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Yes, all products are now compatible with MacOs Ventura.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,197 Expert

Or…if you don’t want to download a PDF file you don’t know where is coming from (☺️):

• LostInFoundation

Ooops…I see now the link to these infos in your post…☺️

So…why the question?

• Chong

Thank you for the response. Since I already downloaded a lot of my instruments to my external drive, can I simply point to this drive instead of reloading everything once I upgraded my MacOS?

• Chong
    edited April 2023

I asked the question to make sure I'm not missing anything or what else I should be concerned when upgrading.

• LostInFoundation

I’ve done this before. I can confirm that it is working, but there were some caveats that now I can’t recall…maybe it has something to do with some actions you’ll have to do in Native Access…

Damned burned memory…

• Chong

Okay, so I finally I Ventura installed. I installed Native Access 2 and pointed Content Location to the already downloaded files.

However, Installed shows nothing. I'm trying not to redownload everything if possible.

Second, why is there an red exclamation in the Application Location?

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

Mmmm…I’m not sure you can do it for applications (usually applications install files also in other directories, not only under their main directory). But in any case they aren’t too many to reinstall (Maschine, Komplete Kontrol, Kontakt, Traktor and a couple more). Not the ones that takes too much time like the huge libraries for sure. And I would suggest to not install those on external drives (but this is only my opinion)

For the contents…check in the list of installed products in NA if it states “repair”. Maybe this was the thing my burned memory didn’t recall

• Chong

I do not see a "repair" option for the Content. Based on this screen, it looks like I have to re-download all the contents.

Is this Native Access 2?

The reason I asked is because I do not see the VST Location (32 bit) and VST Location (64 bit) setting here like the one showing below in this page.

• LostInFoundation

Did you also changed your Content Location?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

Those are Windows locations

I reported the red exclamation mark and was told it's just a bug and can be ignored.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited April 2023

Setting a content location won't make NA auto-detect anything already installed there or offer to relocate if nothing was previously installed on that computer.

I'm guessing you already have an installation on Windows and just got a new Mac computer? If so, your only option is to install everything again and overwrite it all into the same place has your Windows install.

If you already had a Mac with everything installed there is a trick to make NA believe things are installed on the new Mac and offer a relocation option... An NI staff has a video about it:

Apps will still need installation tho (KK, Maschine, Kontakt, etc...)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Yes, all products are now compatible with MacOs Ventura.

• MrCee
    MrCee Member Posts: 60 Advisor

Let us know if/how you fixed it. if not, can screen share tomorrow? @D-One pretty much summed it up.

I'd like to know how your transition goes. I keep my apps like this on an external SSD and that involves a bit of tweaking. Especially if you are coming from Windows to MacOS.