Upgrading from Komplete 12 Ultimate to Komplete 14 standard

bacchiny
bacchiny Member Posts: 8 Newcomer

If you upgrade from Komplete 12 Ultimate to Komplete 14 standard do you retain everything you had in Komplete 12 Ultimate?

Thanks

Best Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    Answer ✓

It is not possible to "upgrade" from bigger bundle to smaller bundle.... So, it is not possible to "upgrade" from K12U to K14.

You may buy licence for K14 and have licence for K14 and licence for K12U.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,114 Expert
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

What you want is considered a downgrade (since you'd go from Ultimate to Standard) and that's not possible.

You can either update to Komplete 14 Ultimate -or- additionally buy a separate Komplete 14 Standard license. That way, you would retain everything from Ultimate.

EDIT: Kubrak was faster 😅

Answers

• Kubrak
    Answer ✓

It is not possible to "upgrade" from bigger bundle to smaller bundle.... So, it is not possible to "upgrade" from K12U to K14.

You may buy licence for K14 and have licence for K14 and licence for K12U.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,114 Expert
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

What you want is considered a downgrade (since you'd go from Ultimate to Standard) and that's not possible.

You can either update to Komplete 14 Ultimate -or- additionally buy a separate Komplete 14 Standard license. That way, you would retain everything from Ultimate.

EDIT: Kubrak was faster 😅

• bacchiny

Ok, thanks. I think what I should have said is, if I buy K14 at a reduced price because I own K12U, do I surrender K12U in the process? Thx

• Kubrak

I do not think there is reduced price because of owning K12U....

Maybe from other NI product like Komplete Select or Komplete (Standard).....

The best would be, if you list, what Komplete Licences you have.

• bacchiny

FYI Yes there is a vastly reduced price offered to me for K14 because I own K12U

• Kubrak

@bacchiny No, it is because you own K12. I know that from another your thread.

• bacchiny

Why do native Instruments say something different to you?

• Kubrak

I do not know, what do you mean...

In that your screenshot from another thread, NI web says, that you are eligible to buy K14 Update, because you have Upgrade to K12 from KSelect...

• bacchiny

Yes, I see - I'm sorry, you are right. I misread that info on the screenshot - it doesn't mention that I own Komplete 12 Ultimate. Thank you for setting me straight.